4 Packs 07 SPx FB - 1 teeny bit of mojo!!! W/Scans

K

KingJason

I went to the card shop on Thursday to set up the Shop owner's ebay store and for doing it, I got a little bit of store credit...the owner busted a Spankin New box of 07 SPx and a guy (one of the regulars) pulls out 2 packs...a jersey card & a regular auto rc. The guy says he can't open any more packs (he got a box the day before so he was maxed out). There's now a box minus 2 packs that you KNOW the Auto Jersey Rc hasn't been pulled out of...so as any good card collector would do, I grabbed out and opened 2 packs...I get Winning Materials jersey cards of Marc Bulger (Dual swatch) and Clinton Portis and a couple of Rc's. The shop owner, who hardly EVER busts cards grabs a pack & gets a jersey card...I could see the shop owner was getting 'the look' in his eye...he was going to start busting packs until he got the auto jersey rc so I quickly grabbed 2 of the remaining 4 packs ASAP ...I opened 1...Marshawn Lynch jersey...he opened 1....some sorry Superscripts auto...the guy who opened the first 2 packs in the box was still in there watching us...it was getting TENSE in there (you know how it gets in the shop when several people are busting out of 1 box of higher-end stuff and you KNOW the hit is about to happen)...the other guy makes a passing comment about wanting to pull a particular auto jersey rc as I'm opening the pack ..... here's what was staring me in the face as soon as I got the wrapper off...

spxcalvingoldautorc99en9.jpg

Calvin Johnson SPx Gold Auto Jersey Rc 69/99

THAT was the card the other guy had JUST commented about wanting. You couldn't have found 2 more longer, pouted-up faces than what the shop owner and that other guy (who couldn't really complain too much...he pulled the regular auto jsy rc of Adrian Peterson /299 out of some loose packs a few days ago) had for a moment...they then gave me props for the card but it wounded their souls to be right there and not get the big pull, which made it even more fun to aggrevate them about it. Johnson went to the local high-school about 3 miles from my house and even though he played for the HATED Ga. Tech Yellow-Jackets (spurned UGA when he was recruited), I always rooted for him...I have the WHOLE shop hatin' on me now as they ALL can see coming up with some deal to get it from me...WRONG! Man it's nice to sometimes be the Big-Card puller when something nice is hit instead of being the guy watching, saying "Man, I wish I would have pulled that!"...I don't get to open that much any more.

Here's the scan of the other cards I got...

spxstuffqu4.jpg

Winning Materials Marshawn Lynch Dual Jersey "23"
Winning Materials Marc Bulger Dual Jersey "24" - for "24 TD'S in 2006"
Winning Materials Champ Bailey Single Jersey "24" with "4" being the swatch

David Harris (Michigan/NY Jets) Rc /899
Mike Walker (Jags) Rc /899
Jon Beason (Da U/Panthers) Gold /899

I'd trade any of these for other stuff of interest (some old player's jersey cards would be preferred, especially of guys I don't have)

On the Calvin Johnson, I only have one guy I'd consider trading to at the present time...a local guy who I KNOW wants it and he has a 06 Triple Threads Peyton Manning Auto Triple jersey #'d 1/1 that I'd LOVE to get...The only reason I hesitate on it is that I already have several nice pieces of auto'ed Memorabilia of P. Manning and don't know if I want to sink the high price it will cost to get the Manning card with me already having 3 auto's of him (NFL FB, U. of Tenn. Mini Helmet and 8x10 U.T photo)...it would look nice sitting next to my SP Authentic Manning Rc though! I'm going to have to think hard on that...if anybody has any opinions on this potential trade w/the Manning, feel free to give your opinion.

Any other comments welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you from Georgia? You should come to the show in Murfreesboro TN next week. It's worth the drive.

I live in South Metro Atlanta...that's a little too far for me to go for a card show...

LionRyan -- uhhhh..........NO :lollol: Thanks

n05114 - I'm guessing the Johnson will start out booking in the $450ish range (comparing to last year's gold's of Vince Young & Matt Leinart)...it might be $400 but the Johnson's I've seen in my limited research are bringing around $300 cash so I think I'm pretty close on it...I don't exactly remember the sell price but a different Manning 1/1 auto GU from Triple Threads sold early for, I THINK, about $500...I really can't remember on that.

I live in South Metro Atlanta...that's a little too far for me to go for a card show...

LionRyan -- uhhhh..........NO :lollol: Thanks

n05114 - I'm guessing the Johnson will start out booking in the $450ish range (comparing to last year's gold's of Vince Young & Matt Leinart)...it might be $400 but the Johnson's I've seen in my limited research are bringing around $300 cash so I think I'm pretty close on it...I don't exactly remember the sell price but a different Manning 1/1 auto GU from Triple Threads sold early for, I THINK, about $500...I really can't remember on that.

Just thought I'd check! ;)
..I mean I live less than 2 hours away from you. I'll even pick it up.

LionRyan -- I appreciate the offer but I'll just hold on to the Johnson right now...Gas is just too expensive to be driving that far to just give away a card!

kadillac_style -- looking for some comparable #'d Laurent Robinson rc's for the SPx Rc's of mine. (all I have of him are the regular Donruss Classics #'d rc and his parallel rc #'d to 100)

Sweet pull...from one GA boy to another...hey I'm a Georgia Tech guy and I am after all the Calvin's I can get my hands on...check out my SPX break if you are willing to trade...not sure what your feeling are on Brady Quinn...but I pulled his SPX auto...LMK what you would like for trade/cash for that Calvin!

P.S...if you are a Dawgs fan...eat me!...:lollol:

Joking!

Sweet pull...from one GA boy to another...hey I'm a Georgia Tech guy and I am after all the Calvin's I can get my hands on...check out my SPX break if you are willing to trade...not sure what your feeling are on Brady Quinn...but I pulled his SPX auto...LMK what you would like for trade/cash for that Calvin!

P.S...if you are a Dawgs fan...eat me!...:lollol:

Joking!

That same Dawg is 'christening' one of the Ramblin Wreck's tires right now ...are you going to the ceremony at Sanford Stadium later this year where Vince Dooley & the UGA Athletic Dept. are retiring Reggie Ball's jersey? He contributed SO MUCH to UGA's FB program with him either pulling defeat from the Jaws of victory OR just completely wetting himself every time we beat the North Avenue Trade School.:lollol:

I have a local guy who I list items for on ebay regularly who's dying to get the SPx Johnson also...as much as I dislike Tech, I'm also wanting Calvin Johnson stuff too (he's a super guy).

I'm keeping the SPx Johnson auto though...who else do you collect besides Tech guys (all 3 of them in the NFL)? I'd like a Quinn SPx for my collection but not enough to my the Johnson for it.

I hate you Jason ;)

No you don't Ernie...you LOVE ME (but not in that eerie "Man-Crush" way that you and Grant do!!) :safe: I just thank God that it wasn't some Tampa Bay Bucs auto I pulled instead of the C.J..

Back