$300 project, 3 months in...

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
3 months will be Dec 12

Stats as of Dec 8

Paypal Balance $90.99
Pending $45
157 Autos (23 Contenders, 30 Exquisite, 4 National Treasures, 26 SPA)
8 Jsys (2 SPA RC Patch, 1 Ultimate, 1 Exquisite)
1 Exquisite Base card
30 or so Inserts (nothing too special)
75 or so RCs (13 SPA, 13 Sweet Spot, Tom Brady, Emmitt Smith, Brett Favre)

Incoming
3 Auto (1 Exquisite)
11 SPA RCs (non auto)

Top cards
2007 Exquisite Ahmad Bradshaw
2007 Exquisite Jordan Palmer x5
2007 Exquisite Gold Jordan Palmer x4
2006 Exquisite Gold Andre Hall x3
2005 SP Authentic Darren Sproles
2005 Contenders Darren Sproles x2
2007 Exquisite Chris Henry (3 color)
2006 Exquisite Jerricho Cotchery /10

Tops Sales
Patrick Willis 2007 Exquisite Gold /99 $119.95
Joe Montana/Dan Marino/Joe Namath Exquisite Triple Patch /15 $85
Corey Webster 2007 Exquisite /150 $62.99
Yamon Figurs 2007 Exquisite Gold /99 $30
Yamon Figurs 2007 Exquisite $24.95
Chad Johnson 2007 Exquisite Base 001/150 $24

Total Cards Sold

factoring ALL GU/AU at $1, ive profitted the RCs and Inserts, which arent that great, but if sold what i have, i would expect $300+...

i have been offered $140 for 7 Jordan Palmer Exqs, and $55 for the Ahmad Bradshaw Exq...so i could have 'flipped out' with 157 AU/GU and the various RCs...

ill do updates again next month or something...you can ask around, this flipping thing isnt too difficult...its just taking the time to find the gems, and prospect....now if they will just START Jordan Palmer, then ill 'flip out' with him, maybe pull the starting $300 back, and go into 'straight profit stage' which is where i want to be at 6 months in...i think my odds are pretty good, but can i get my desired end result...
50 SPA AU
50 Contenders AU
50 Exquisite AU
50 Bowman Chrome AU
50 Topps Chrome AU
1 Walter Payton AU
$300 in Paypal, with starting money put back in my pocket...im WAY behind in the Chrome department, but im well ahead on the other 3...

oh wow....you wan to raise enough fundage to get a payton auto!!! that sounds like a good goal to work for though!!!!!

oh wow....you wan to raise enough fundage to get a payton auto!!! that sounds like a good goal to work for though!!!!!

they are lofty goals, but i just need a breakout or two between now and september...remember i sold a Sproles Contenders for $129.95 just before i started this project...i currently own 2 of those with another on the way...that same month i sold an Andre Hall Exquisite /150 for $75, i currently have 3 Golds /60, sold an Andre Hall SPA for $24.95, i have 1 with 1 incoming...last january Ahmad Bradshaw Exquisites were going for $150+, got one of those...Tyler Thigpen Exquisites were selling for under $20, they went up to $135, i have 10 Jordan Palmers :salut:

IF Palmer has a good game, im sitting on $500+ if he lights up preseason maybe $800...i think im in a good spot for 3 months in, as ive pretty much doubled my money (based on what ive paid for what i have)...Payton autos can be picked up for $500, so im looking for a crap load of cards and $1100 end product...

It has been inspiring. In fact, Ernie and I have started a $100 version. We just built up our inventory and are waiting for it to arrive. Found some nice deals out ther with a little hard work, but now it is time to start flippin' 'em...

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been inspiring. In fact, Ernie and I have started a $100 version. We just built up our inventory and are waiting for it to arrive. Found some nice deals out ther with a little hard work, but now it is time to start flippin' 'em...

He inspired me as well. I had done flipping before I was a part of the site, but not near as much as I am now.

So since he's inspired us all, do we have to send him a cut of what we make :think:

He inspired me as well. I had done flipping before I was a part of the site, but not near as much as I am now.

So since he's inspired us all, do we have to send him a cut of what we make :think:

that is correct...just got some fodder in...have to scan it after my show...Exquisite, Contenders, SPA, National Treasures, nothing stellar :shifty: yet

well its another month in, hasnt been much activity the past month, usually there are crazy good deals on lots right around christmas time, but no dice...

have like $130 or so in paypal, thanks to Darren Sproles catching fire, 230 autos (41 exquisite, 36 contenders, 6 National Treasures, 43 SPA), maybe 7 incoming, got some more RCs (Musa Smith SPA Gold Patch, Sam Hurd SPA Gold), some more RCs incoming (Witten SPA)...and am up to 11 Jordan Palmer Exquisites

2-4-09 Update

$46 in paypal

Autos: 2 Exquisite, 7 SPA incoming
RC: 6 SPA

inhand:

268 Autos (so under $1 per average from start), 9 Bowman Chrome, 42 Contenders, 45 Exquisite, 6 National Treasures, 51 SPA (goal hit), 8 SPx, 5 Topps Chrome)

23 Jersey (5 Exquisite, 2 SPA, 1 SPA Gold)

27 Assorted RC (decent/mid range product)
13 Sweet Spot RC
42 SPA RC
2 SPA RC Gold

then ive got a couple of base cards, not so good RCs, and a few inserts and whatnot...

all on $300

restocked paypal a bit yesterday...

sold a garbage auto lot 36 cards for $40 dlvd, figuring $10 on shipping and still managed a profit :shock:

sold a decent SPA lot of 12 cards, 2 were AU/Patch, 2 were Gold, then the others were like 4 and 4 insert and true RC autos for $35, figure $5 shipping on that, came out way ahead, highest 'cost' card was Oren ONeal, cause it came in a lot as the only auto :wall: so i had it in at $4.49, figured it out at $5

back down to 238 Autos, 24 jsy, $75.21 paypal, so still under $1 per AU dlvd :cheers: also have 4 Exquisite, 2 SPA, 1 Contenders, 1 Bowman Chrome autos incoming, and 20 SPA RCs (no auto), and im lined up for another $30 on a handful of Chrome that should come through in a week or two...currently leading on 17 exquisite autos, and ill probably rebid on a couple, but at best ill win 5 of those id guess...should get 1 though :rambo:

havent won anything im really speculating on lately (Thomas Clayton, Kolby Smith, Patrick Cobbs), but i have got a few Andre Hall and Jordan Palmer...

ive got a handful of cards listed on ebay hoping to get some decent offers, that person that told me that im asking too much for my Darrelle Revis is asking why they cant put in an offer, should i tell them because i dont want their business and they said they can get it elsewhere for cheaper?

ive been picking up quite a few SPA RCs, not sure why, as they dont usually sell well, but i like them, except i get OL and defense guys most of the time, no WR, QB, RB really...once the next lot comes in ill be up to 3 Syndric Steptoes, maybe he will do something and i can package deal them for like $15 or something...when i get regular cards i just add the price to autos that arrive that day or ill add them to autos i already have...

Back