30 more Blasters 2012 Heroes Legends

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
alright, did a total of 60 blasters of this product (1 relic or auto per blaster). i have to be suspect of what was issued in the 'retail' portion of the product, because things just dont add up properly.

Astronauts, 20 card insert set, 60 pulled (so 1 per box), short 2 cards for set
Olympic Games, 30 card insert set, 51 pulled, way short on a set, didnt even try
Military Elite, 10 card insert set, 27 pulled, 1 COMPLETE set (on eBay)
US Womens Soccer, 22 card insert set, 50 pulled, 2 cards short for set
US Womens Teammates, 11 card inset set, 58 pulled, 3 COMPLETE sets (on eBay)
Medal of Honor, no clue how many, pulled 2 total

Base Proofs /100, /25, and /10 PULLED ZERO (ill address this again)

Relics 60 - ALL Memorabilia, ZERO AUTOS, ZERO Soccer
Military Elite (10 cards in set) 2 Shade Lee /299
Olympics (30 cards) pulled 8, got 3 Mal Whitfield /299, 2 Frank Shorter /205
Astronaut (20 cards) pulled 14, got 2 Jack Lousma /499, 2 Eileen Collins /199, 3 Fred Gregory /199, 2 Al Worden /249, 2 Robert Crippen /499

Base Parallel Relics 30
Tuskegee Airmen 9 total, 2 Eugene Richardson /499, 2 Herbert Carter /499, 3 Roscoe Draper /499
Olympians 8 total, 3 Gary Hall /399, 2 Bruce Baumgartner /499
Astronauts 13 total, 2 Gene Kranz /399, 2 Hoot Gibson /425

Base Parallel Relic PROOFS (didnt pull any BASE proofs which there are more of out there) 6 all /99
Scott Hamilton x2
Barbara Morgan x2

i can completely understand not completing all the insert sets, i dont know the overall odds of those, but to pull 6 Proof Relics but only 4 are different and to not pull a base proof, looks like those are HOBBY ONLY. Same with the Soccer Relics, i should have pulled at LEAST 1 of those, and same with an Auto, i dont know how the boxes were done, i know retail autos are typically super hard to pull, but one would suspect that odds would have the breaker in this case...

On average there are like 4 inserts, counting the hit, blasters are 8 packs, 8 cards per pack, the set is 125 cards, so this would make one think that through 60 boxes you should get 20-30 of each base card, pulled 14 Katie Hoff, pulled more than 40 Alex Morgan, sure Morgan is the 'better' card to have, but i can make 14 or fewer sets, as there was another card that i only pulled 7 of in the first 30 blasters (only pulled 5 Hoff in the first 30)

Overall a fun break, but way too much duplication on the relics...really cool history with the cards...

I was able to add some cards to the Ladies Collection, the Teammates Hope Solo/Alex Morgan, US Womens Team Hope Solo and Alex Morgan inserts, Base of Carly Patterson, Hope Solo, and Alex Morgan, Olympic insert of Carly Patterson, and Olympic Relic Carly Patterson

here are some scans

Teammates Set
n87.jpg

n88.jpg

Military Elite Set

n101.jpg

n102.jpg

US Womens Team Example

n91.jpg

Astronauts Example

n98.jpg

Olympic Games Example

n94.jpg

I havent done most of the relic listings yet, only have 1 up for sale a Walt Cunningham /79, so no pictures of those...

Still waiting on a FREE listing day, i am just shy of 800 new listings and ill be making more today...hopefully ill get some interest in the sets ive put up to start bringing back paypal health, i think its around $150 right now. i only have 1 free listing remaining for the month, so ill have to hold onto that incase i get something nice in from eBay, which isnt all that likely, but there is always hope i suppose...

I don't think you can go wrong with the blasters, what were they $6 apiece? But it's a bummer you don't have the same chance at the big hits.

I have like 5k free regular auction format, not BIN.

when did you get free listings? Andy sent me a text saying he got some like a week ago, but I just checked and still no love for me...

I would be fine with auction only, just sort by number of listings, then take all the 1's and list them...plus I have like 900 assorted 'cheap' rookies ready that start at $0.25

Ryan, yeah the blasters were like $6 each, I made 37 auction listings for the relics earlier ranging from $7.49 to $19.99 (Sally Ride), as I don't want to do the $0.99 and get no interest...

Andy, you are an evil man...

did some sorting this afternoon updating base numbers (ill have them at $0.99 BIN/BO and take $0.25 average on most if offered)...need to go to a shop and get more storage boxes...

Back