2020 National Sports Collectors Convention Postponed to December

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I'm sure most collectors, who follow the convention, probably saw this coming, but the 2020 National Sports Collectors Convention has been postponed until December. The event, originally scheduled to take place from July 29 - August 2, in Atlantic City will now take place from December 12 - 16, just in time for folks to pick themselves up something for Christmas!

According to the NSCC's article explaining the NSCC reschedule the guidelines put in place by State and Federal officials would likely not be met in time for the convention to happen in July and they only want to "ensure the safety of our exhibitors and attendees ".

They've also stated that should it not be safe to hold the event by this date in December the event will be completely cancelled and they'll start planning for next year's convention, which is set to take place in Chicago from July 28 - August 1.

I have never been to a National and really want to go. Anyone want to plan a meet up in Chicago next year?

I have never been to a National and really want to go. Anyone want to plan a meet up in Chicago next year?

Same here. Never been, would love to go. Chicago is a bit far for me, though. I really wish they'd do one in Dallas. Hopefully you'll be able to meet up with someone. That'd be fun.

One day.....they have to bring it back to the West Coast!! Been to two Nationals ...both in Anaheim California......If u never been to one....its the bomb!! Take a backpack.......inside of it....water bottle (make sure its sealed)....note book with pens......in the notebook place all of the cards or sets that your looking for ....and the prices (keep currently beckett in the backpack)!! Snacks that don't melt or are messy........Its huge and if u spot something u like and plan on going back the next day to see it again.....u might get losted and never find it again....take extra top loaders/plastic sleeves for the cards and a small box for them. It will take days to see ever table............have lots of cash (money belt) as its king! But also your credit cards and drivers license or id card. Plan ahead.....take breaks and lunch breaks......The restrooms maybe busy......so when I was in Anaheim....my hotel was just across the street...so restrooms were no problem for me. Costed a little bit more but having your own rest room was a huge plus!

The more I think about this. Going to the national has been one of my bucket list items for years. The other is going to Cooperstown. I really want to start planning for/making the Chicago thing happen next year.

Its also on my bucket list. Im glad its on the east coast but I wont be gong unless I have a decent bankroll. Id hate to go with a small budget, so I wont be going for now. One day though.....

Back