Box Break 2019 Panini Playbook Football Blaster

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Was at Walmart this morning looking for some of the essentials that we haven't been able to find the last several days due to the coronavirus and decided to get a blaster. I wanted a box of anything basketball, but they were all out. So, I ended up picking a blaster of 2019 Panini Playbook.

These boxes come with 4 packs, with 5 cards per pack. It's also 1 autograph, or memorabilia card, per box (on average).

Here are my results:

Pack #1

#38 Patrick Mahomes II
Gold #24 Joe Mixon 6/10
X's and O's #33 Derek Carr X's and O's

#144 Deandre Baker
#102 Kyler Murray

Pack #2

#95 Julio Jones
#51 Ezekiel Elliott
Zoning Commission #25 Devin Singletary
#160 Dexter Lawrence
#184 Jeffery Simmons

Pack #3

#53 Leighton Vander Esch
Purple #150 Jaylon Ferguson
X's and O's #12 Aaron Jones

#141 Brian Burns
#198 Trysten Hill

Pack #4

#11 Le'Veon Bell
Rookie Signatures #103 Drew Lock ✅
Blitz #24 Lawrence Taylor
#156 Byron Murphy
#114 A.J. Brown

Not a bad blaster, in my opinion. The Drew Lock was a nice little surprise. Definitely worth the cost of the blaster.

Here's a scan of the Drew Lock.
2019-panini-playbook-drew-lock-auto.jpg

Everything except the Lock and Mixon are free to a good home (set collectors only, please). Just let me know which ones you need and they're all yours.

These were one hit per box, but I'm not sure what the odds were that I get an auto rather than a memorabilia card. I probably won't take my chances on that one again, though. Ha! Next time I'll probably grab an Inception baseball box and give that a whirl, unless they restock basketball.

Last few times I have hit Walmart here, all they had was baseball.

Dang walmart! Ha! Bad thing for me is that I have Walmart nearby but the next closest place to buy cards is 50 miles away. There's a Target and 3 other Walmarts there. There's also a little hole in the wall hobby shop. But...I probably won't be headed there anytime soon, at least until this stupid COVID goes away!

Nice, that was a great blaster box. Yeah I never see any basketball at any of the retail stores near me and there are quite a few. Good luck hunting some down.

Back