Box Break 2019-20 UD Series 2 Hockey retail - box 3

northicehero99

All-Star
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Got another box in the mail, still working on that set, but getting closer. Here are the break results:

Pile of base, sorted it, but know it is at least 50+ cards short of a set.

OPC:
Base (1) - Semyon Varlamov - Islanders.
RCs (4): Kirby Dach - Blackhawks, Oliver Wahlstrom - Islanders, Nikita Gusev - Devils, and Joakim Nygard - Oilers.
Retro RCs (2): Joel Farabee - Flyers and Adam Fox - Rangers.
Blue RC (1): Adam Boqvist - Blackhawks

RC Portraits (4): Joel Farabee - Flyers, Noah Dobson - Islanders, Trent Frederic - Bruins, and Jesper BoQvist - Devils.

Canvas (3): Jeff Skinner - Sabres, Nathan MacKinnon - Avalanche, and Timo Meier - Sharks.

Canvas YG (1): Igor Shesterkin - Rangers :) These are selling real well on ebay, so this was a good hit!

Young guns (6):
Rhett Gardner - Stars
Trent Frederic - Bruins
John Marino - Penguins :)
Morgan Frost - Flyers
Carl Grundstrom - Kings
Guillaume Brisebois - Canuck

Not a bad box overall. The canvas young gun made this one worth opening and the Marino was a bonus too. :) Good luck on your breaks!

Geeze, I should at least start watching hockey highlights. I read your break threads with a huge ? bouncing over my head because I've never heard of any of these guys.

Also, I've noticed there aren't a ton of relics in some hockey products. Certainly not like in Panini products. So I guess the inserts are what's considered "hits" in this stuff? Looking on eBay, some of them certainly sell like "hits"! Heck, that Shesterkin sells better than some autos! So, nice pull on that one!

It is not just you. I only found out about his value when I saw one in a dealers showcase and was like who the heck is that. Nice to hit one like that, the YGs sometimes carry those kind of values as well.

As for relics, yes, UD does not put as many in products like they used to. Anymore though it seems many are not worth very much. I think the odds are 1:2 boxes for a gu, but again unless it is a top rookie or super short printed gu, they don't sell for much.

Geeze, I should at least start watching hockey highlights. I read your break threads with a huge ? bouncing over my head because I've never heard of any of these guys.

Also, I've noticed there aren't a ton of relics in some hockey products. Certainly not like in Panini products. So I guess the inserts are what's considered "hits" in this stuff? Looking on eBay, some of them certainly sell like "hits"! Heck, that Shesterkin sells better than some autos! So, nice pull on that one!
Upper Deck does not have a lot hits but the Young Gun cards are always very hot! I have gotten into hickey and they have some sick relic cards in the other products.

As for relics, yes, UD does not put as many in products like they used to. Anymore though it seems many are not worth very much. I think the odds are 1:2 boxes for a gu, but again unless it is a top rookie or super short printed gu, they don't sell for much.

You'd think with them being such a rarity in these boxes they'd be worth a little more. Strikes me as a odd that the non-relic cards bring more, but I do still think that's very cool! Guess this means you'd take those Canvas YG over those relics any day anyways then. 😁

You'd think with them being such a rarity in these boxes they'd be worth a little more. Strikes me as a odd that the non-relic cards bring more, but I do still think that's very cool! Guess this means you'd take those Canvas YG over those relics any day anyways then. 😁
Yes, that is mainly why I build these sets, that and the product is not super expensive. A lot of products now seem to be geared towards the gamblers or group breaks, this is designed for old school set builders. :)

Back