Baseball 2015 Topps Tier One

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2015 Topps Tier One
Per Box Items:
3 cards
2 autographs
1 relic

The cards are thinker than standard issue cards. The cards designs are very modern with sleek graphics, gold and silver foils and boarder-less designs. All three cards have a color picture of the named player superimposed over a different gradient background depending on the subset. The card backs are photo-less. Th backs contain moderate career highlights and achievements.

What I pulled:
Giancarlo Stanton relic #/399
Ryan Zimmerman auto #/25
Tyson Ross 'New Guard Autographs' auto #/25

2015 Topps Tier One returns as a very popular high-end product. The first thing that caught my attention was the sharp contrast in the card designs. The black on the card fronts is pared nicely with the gold and solver foil. The gold ink for the autographs really standout. I love the fact that every card is serial numbered. The low total numbering for the autographs is nice as well. The autographs are on-card. For a high-end product like Tier One it would have been nice to pull something nicer than a plain old gray swatch for the relic though. Even though I did not pull one, 2015 Topps Tier One does have redemption cards. Unless it was a super amazing once in a lifetime pull, I would upset if one of the three total cards in the was a redemption.

I can not give my usual out-of-five rating for Tier One as there are only three cards per box. It would be unfair to rate the whole product for set building, overall design, collation and subjects included (Rookies vs current vs retired stars) based on such a small sample size. I will give 2015 Toops Tier One a shop around rating though. Most collectors will be further ahead if they just buy the singles they want. If you do buy a box, trade you Tigers and Rickey Henderson cards to me!

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Nice Zimmerman! I know a guy on another site you belong to who would LOVE that, lol. Shoot me a PM if you would like contact info on him. I always thought Tier 1 to big way to big bucks for the average bang personally. That being said Id still love to bust one of these! Thanks for the review Tim! :)

Back