Baseball 2015 Topps Stadium Club

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2015 Topps Stadium Club

Per Box Items:
16 packs per box
8 cards per pack
2 on-card autographs per box

The 300 card base set features a simple design that focuses on the photography. The border-less cards have full bleed photos of players in traditional action shots, sometimes candid moments and other non-traditional sport card poses. The photographs alternate between horizontal and vertical scenes. The glossy card stock has clean silver foil lines with the player name, team, position and set logo along the bottom of the card fronts. The card backs are all vertical in layout. The backs contain a color baseball diamond and a small color bust photograph of the player. Also listed on the card reverse is moderate biographical information, 2014 and career statistics, and moderate career highlights.

What I pulled:
128 unique cards
111 base set cards 111/300
6 parallels
9 inserts
2 autographs

Base card front and back:

Parallels:
4 gold foil
2 black foil

Inserts:
Contact Sheet 1:8 packs, Orange parallel #/25
True Colors 1:16 packs
Legends Die-Cuts 1:16 packs
Triumvirate Luminescent 1:64 packs
Triumvirate Illuminator Case hit

Autographs:

2015 Topps Stadium Club's photography alone makes this a contender for my favorite set of the year. Simple, clean, and elegant, Stadium Club proves that less is more and you do not need flash and glitz to make an great looking product! I love the mixture of current players and retired stars. The autographs are on-card versions of the regular base cards and come in different colored tiers. Parallel versions include Black , gold, Foil Board and Members Only. 2015 Stadium Club does include more insert sets than in years past and the return of some popular insert themes from the 1990's. I scored WAY above the stated odds of pulling inserts with an extra Contact Sheet, True Colors and Legends cards. The Triumvirate cards are die-cut that fit together with three players on the same team. They come in three different variations/rarities. The case hit Illuminator is an acetate card. It will take 3 boxes to complete the base set, which hurts my overall rating of the box, but the design and quality are strong! Buy a box and trade your Detroit tigers to me!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2015 Topps Stadium Club a buy rating. This will appeal mostly to set collectors.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter: 2/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 31/40 (77%5) = C

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

I loved the bit of TSC I got in blasters. Ill probably be buying more of it until I hit at least one Bryant rc, LOL! I hit a holofoil Adam Eaton /25, Joc Pederson gold foil rc, and a Daniel Norris auto. That's cool you got the case hit on your box and harper too boot, not a bad hit! :)

Back