Baseball 2015 Topps Series One

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2015 Topps

Per box items:

36 packs per box
10 cards per pack
1 autographed or relic card per box

The card fronts feature a color action shot of the player. The picture is 'framed' with a complementary team color pin stripe. The border is a stylized gradient of the team primary color to white from bottom to top. The Topps logo is in silver foil in either the top right or left corner depending on picture. The player name, team name, position, and Team logo are all located on the bottom border of the card. The card backs are photo-less and are all in horizontal layout. The backs contain a fair amount of biographical information, complete career statistics and career highlights or player quote. The team name, logo, and player position are again available on the card back. the color scheme of the back is similar to that of the front.

What I Pulled:

358 cards
301 base set cards
39 inserts and parallel cards
4 gold serial numbered parallels
1 black serial numbered parallel
2 vintage buyback cards
11 serial numbered autograph relic

Base card front and back:

Inserts and parallels:

Serial numbered parallels:
Gold #/2015, Black #/64

The Hit:
Robinson Cano Autographed relic patch #/10

I have said it before but do not care if I repeat myself. Of all of the sights and sounds of Spring Training and the start of a new season, the first card of the first pack of the first set of the year always has a special meaning, and some say a superstition. Topps 2015 is the company's base and obviously first set of the year. Not that I did not like the designs from the past few years I actually really did. The all kind of felt similar even though the designs did change. 2015 offers something that I did not even know I was missing, color. The all white borders are gone and every card has it's own distinct feel to it. The colored borders make each picture pop even more and correspond to the color scheme of the photo itself. As always, Topps includes several insert sets to chase. My favorite ones being 'First Pitch,' 'Gallery of Greats.' and 'Archetypes.' Photo and 'sparkle' variations return this year bringing an extra challenge for master set collectors. I am not counting is as duplicate per se, but both of the original buy cards are the same. The autograph is a sticker auto. A few of the cards came out of the packs with very minor corner damage so use caution when ripping. Also of note for the discerning graded card collector, more than a few of the cards had visible left/right centering issues. Overall a very good box that sets high expectations both on the field and or the hobby. So what was my first card I pulled you ask? Troy Tulowitzki of the Rockies. So my prediction for the World Series this year? Tigers over Rockies in 6! Buy a box and trade your Tigers and Rickey Henderson cards to me!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2015 Topps series one a buy rating. This will appeal mostly to set collectors.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 4/5
Big-hit Hunter: 5/5
Prospector Hunter: 4/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 35/40 (87%5) = B

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited:
Nice break, great hit on the cano! I can use that La Stella black, would you have any interest in a 2013 Poonini Cooperstown Cooperstown Lumberjacks Sam Crawford? Played for Detroit sometime around the turn of the 20th century, lol. :D I can look and see what else I got Detroit too, might have something left laying around.

Nice break, great hit on the cano! I can use that La Stella black, would you have any interest in a 2013 Poonini Cooperstown Cooperstown Lumberjacks Sam Crawford? Played for Detroit sometime around the turn of the 20th century, lol. :D I can look and see what else I got Detroit too, might have something left laying around.

I will put it in a pile for you. Really only interested in Current Tigers/lions. It is not going anywhere though. I will just save up a few and you can send an SASE again!

Back