Baseball 2015 Topps Museum Collection

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2015 Topps Museum Collection
Per Box Items:
4 mini-boxes per master box
5 cards per mini-box
1 autograph or relic card in every mini-box
Every master box contains:
1 on-card autograph
1 autographed relic
1 quad relic
1 jumbo relic

The 100 card base set features color action shots super-imposed over gray-scale backgrounds. The border-less cards have the set name in silver foil along the top of the card fronts. The player name, position and team logo are in silver foil along the card bottom. The card bottoms are also trimmed with a corresponding team color. The card backs are photo-less. The backs contain moderate biographical information, career statistics and moderate career highlights.

What I pulled:
20 unique cards
11 base set cards, 11/100
3 beige parallels
1 green parallel #/199
1 canvas collection reproduction insert
1 on-card autograph
1 autographed relic
1 quad relic
1 jumbo relic

Base card front and back:

Parallels and Inserts:

The Hits:

Museum Collection is Topps' first high-end release of 2015. With only 20 cards per master box collectors buy 2015 Museum Collection for the hits. I really like the mix of retired and current stars. The card stock is thicker than standard sized cards but are not too flashy. The thickness and set name name are the only attributes that portray a premium set. The hits are definitely what collectors are busting cases of product for. I love the fact that every hit is serial numbered. The color and the patch swatches are another huge plus for me. They are a far cry form the plain what and gray swatches that dominate relic cards. The Simmons auto is a sticker while the Rivera is on-card. The sticker does not really detract from the card though. 2015 Topps Museum is a big hit hunter's dream! Buy a box and trade your Tigers cards to me!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2015 Topps Museum Collection a shop around rating. It will take several boxes and/or trading to complete the base set. Even though I had a nice pull, you may be better off buying singles you want.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 1/5
Big-hit Hunter: 5/5
Prospector Hunter: 1/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 31/40 (77%5) = C

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

you had 2 nice pulls there, that Simmons is a good one too. If I had the money Id be all over that for my buddy, I could get a kings ransom in Rockies for that sucker, lol. Out of curiosity what would you need on it sale wise? Don't have much in the way of Yao, Casey or Henderson atm. I do have a small stack of Tigers and Lions here for ya though, lol. :D

you had 2 nice pulls there, that Simmons is a good one too. If I had the money Id be all over that for my buddy, I could get a kings ransom in Rockies for that sucker, lol. Out of curiosity what would you need on it sale wise? Don't have much in the way of Yao, Casey or Henderson atm. I do have a small stack of Tigers and Lions here for ya though, lol. :D

SASE Bubble mailer and it is yours.

Yes Simmons. Rivera is way out of my league, lol. You sure you don't want anything other than an sase bubble? Obviously Ill toss in those Detroit teams cards, and anything else I can find that you may like.

Tim, you are the MAN! Thank you so much for all you sent out, totally blew me away! I got a few more 2015 Topps Tigers and a few Lions stragglers I dug out for ya. :)

Btw, if you guys aren't trading your Tigers to Tim here you are CRAZY! This guy is a great trader and better person, thanks again!

Back