Baseball 2015 Topps Heritage

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2015 Topps Heritage

Per box Items:
24 packs per box
9 cards per box
1 autograph or relic card per box

2015 Topps Heritage card set features today's stars in the 1966 Topps card design. The card fronts have a color photo of the named player. Bordered in white, the card fronts also have the team name in a colored bar in the top left corner and the player name and position in colored bar along the card bottom. The card backs are horizontal in design and are photo-less. The backs include moderate biographical information complete career statistics and a comic depict a career highlight. The backs are dominated in a peach or salmon color.

What I pulled:
201 base set cards (includinng 9 SP cards) 201/582
2 chrome parallels (1 refractor)
10 inserts
1 vintage buy-back
I relic card
1 'gum-stain' variation

Base card front and back:

Inserts and Parallels: (not all scanned)
Chrome Weaver #/999, Chrome Refractor Darvish #/566
News Flashbacks 4, 5, 7, 9
Then & Now 3, 8, 10
New Age Performers 4, 5, 13

'Gum Stain' variation:

The Hit:
Xander Bogaerts relic

Topps continues their popular Heritage series by bringing back the 1966 design this year. I really like the balance of base cards to insert cards in the box. You are not over-loaded with inserts, but have just enough to see what is available to chase. There are tons of variations in 2015 Heritage. Card numbers 426-500 are short printed cards. The variations include blue backs, on purpose 'error' cards, action shots, and throwback uniforms. One of the most clever variation in my opinion is the 'gum stain.' Everyone remembers pulling cards with that white powder residue from the gum on the back of there cards. Well Topps made the variation on purpose this year. 2015 Heritage will appeal to set builders and nostalgia buffs alike! Buy a box and trade your Tigers cards to me!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2015 Topps Heritage a buy rating. It will take two boxes and some light trading to complete the set.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 4/5
Big-hit Hunter: 3/5
Prospector Hunter: 4/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 35/40 (87%5) = B

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited:
Back