Baseball 2015 Topps Heritage Minor League

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
Per Box Items:
24 packs per box
9 cards per pack
2 autographs per box
1 relic per box

2015 Topps Heritage tag line is "Today's Milb stars in the 1966 Topps card design." The cards are standard card size and thickness. The simple design of the white bordered cards are just that. The card fronts feature most action shots of the names players although there are a few posed pictures as well. The player name and position are in a colored bar along the card bottom and the team name is in a bar in the upper left corner. The set logo is opposite. The the graphical "bars' on the card and color of the font loosely correspond to the teams colors. The card backs are photo-less and are horizontally laid out. The backs contain moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights, complete career statistics and "comic fact."

What I pulled:

202 base set cards - 100% of the 200 base set!
4 short prints (out of 25 SP cards for the master set)
4 parallels, (including 1 orange border #/25)
9 insert cards
2 autographs
1 relic

Base card front and back:

Inserts and Parallels:
(not all scanned)
6 Road to the Show
3 Minor Miracles
Haniger Orange #/25

Short Prints:

The Hits:

Davidson autograph
Ellis autograph
Gatto relic

Continuing their run of Retro and throwback sets, Topps went with the 1966 design for this year's Heritage set. I have never been a huge fan of retro card sets but I do like the Heritage designs over "art-style" sets. If they are going to recycle a card design, I also like the they give the treatment to both major and minor league players. The autographs are sticker autos. Overall a solid rip even if you do not recognize many of the names.

The Bottom Line:
I always give high marks for pulling a complete set from one box! 2015 Topps Heritage Minor league will appeal mostly to set builders and prospectors. Buy a box and trade your Tigers players to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 5/5
Big-hit Hunter: 3/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 4/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 34/40 (85%) = B

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Shame the the Minor League Heritage is a better looking product than the Major League Heritage. Still not a fan... but if you are a set collector, then this is the way to go... a complete set in one box.

Back