Baseball 2015 Topps Finest

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2015 Topps Finest

Per Mini-Box Items:
6 packs
5 Chrome cards per pack
1 Chrome autograph card

The 100 base set cards feature a color action shot of the named player superimposed over a background with a "breaking glass" graphic. The cards have think black border and small triangle on either the left or the right side of the card. The card front have the set name and team logo along the card bottom. The player name is down the side of the card opposite the black border. The cards cards are all vertical in design with only a single player pictured. The card backs are photo-less and also vertical in design. The backs contain moderate biographical information, a "Finest" 2014 season highlight, 2014 and career statistics. The card backs are trimmed in the team's primary color.

What I puled:
30 unique cards, no duplicates
21 base set cards
1 short print card (case hit)
3 refractor parallels
1 purple refractor parallel #/250
1 95 finest insert
2 Generations inserts
1 chrome autograph

Base card front and back:

Inserts and Parallels:
Purple refractor #/250

Case Hit Short Print:
Ryan Braun

The Hit:
Jacob Degrom
Gold refractor autograph #/50

I have said it before and I will say it again. I absolutely love Finest! Finest continues to push the envelope when it come to card designs. When other sets only make minor changes year after year or even recycle old design, Finest always bring something new to the table! The base set focuses on current stars and select RCs. The inserts are multiple, varied and include retired stars. There are several different tiers of parallels to chase. Besides the base refractors, there are seven serial numbered color variations. The refractor variations also extend into the insert sets. The autograph is on card which is a plus for collectors. The base autograph cards are just autographed (and tiered, serial numbered refractors) of the base cards. There are also several autographs and variations in the insert sets. For the second year in a row it appears that Topps may have fixed the dreaded 'chrome curl' problem plaguing cards! 2015 Topps Finest will appeal to set builders and autograph collectors. Buy a box and trade your Tigers and Rickey Henderson cards to me!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2015 Topps Finest a buy rating. You will need two boxes (4 mini-boxes) and some light trading to complete the base set.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 1/5
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter: 3/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 4/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 29/40 (72.5%)

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Sick DeGrom auto! I know a couple people who would drool over that,lol. I love finest, they look great this year. Thanks for the review! :)

Looks like a nice product. Thanks for doing the review! Is the auto on card or is it a sticker? I can't see a sticker in the scan.

Great looking design Finest has again. I have always loved Finest and the designs they have for the cards. They always seem eye catching and plenty of difference numbered sets, autos, etc. to chase. Great review again.

Back