Baseball 2014 Topps Triple Threads

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
Per Box Items:
2 mini boxes
each mini box contains
1 autographed relic
1 relic card (one of which is a triple relic)
each display box contains
1 low numbered autographed triple relic
1 low numbered triple relic

The base set cards are thicker than standard card size. Bordered in a two-tone beige, the card fronts feature a color action shot of the named player on a greyed out background. Artistic silver foil completes the frame around the player and highlights the set, player and team names. The card backs are photo-less. The grey-scale backs include moderate biographical information, last year and career statistics and moderate career highlights.

What I Pulled:
6 base set cards
2 Purple parallels #/325
2 Green parallels #/250
1 relic
1 triple relic
1 auto relic
1 triple auto relic

Base card front and back:

Parallels:

The Hits:

Topps Triple Threads has always been one of my favorite products! The 2014 version does not disappoint! The base cards automatically set TTT apart as a premium product. The design and quality of the cards is top notch. I also really enjoy the mix of retired stars and current veterans and rookies. The different serial numbered
tiers of cards will make for a fun chase and will create awesome 'rainbow' sets for player collectors. Some of the autographs are sticker autos the the card is designed to fit them very will. The main drawback is inherent to the set itself. It is a high-end product and flippers may not be able to make there money back, let alone the cost may scare away some collectors. Overall TTT proved again why it is so popular among collectors and the creative window cutouts add to the appeal!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2014 Topps Update Series a buy rating. It is just a fun and popular product to bust! This set may not appeal to set collectors however. Buy a box and trade your Rickey Henderson and Tigers cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: NA
Big-hit Hunter: 7/10
Prospector Hunter: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Overall Quality: 10/10

Overall: 33/40 (82.5% = B)

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Back