Baseball 2014 Topps Pro Debut

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2014 Topps Pro Debut

Per Box Items:

24 packs per box
8 cards per pack
2 autographs
2 relics

2014 Topps Pro Debut has an similar design to 2014 Topps series 1 and 2 releases. The standard sized base set cards feature a full color action shot of the player. Bordered in white, the card fronts have the player name and team logo at the bottom. The card fronts are trimmed with the team's primary color. The card backs are photo-less and are horizontal in design. The backs include moderate biographical information, and brief career highlights or a player quote. The backs are also trimmed with the team's primary color.

What I pulled:
186 unique cards (no duplicates)
179/220 base set cards
2 gold #/50
2 autographs
1 relic
1 manufactured patch
1 printing plate

Base card front and back:

Inserts:
Gold - Bubba Starling, Yeison Asencio #/50

Relics:
Carlos Contreas relic
Mascots "Blooper" manufactured patch #/99

Autographs:
Lou Trivino
James Hoyt silver #/25

1 of 1 Black printing plate Mitch Haniger

I really like the design of this year's Topps cards. The Pro Debut Series cards are identical to Series 1 and 2 in design. The very simple clean design is very appealing. I think that the photography from Topps has really improved over the past couple of years. The autographs are sticker autos but the card is designed to fit them very well. Unless you are a prospector you may not recognize many of the names. For a low end product though Pro debut is a well designed set!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2014 Topps Pro Debut a buy rating. It will be very easy to complete a base set with a box, a few extra packs or some light trading. This will appeal mostly to prospectors and set builders. Buy a box and trade your Tigers cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 8/10
Big-hit Hunter: 9/10
Prospector Hunter: 10/10
Value: 8/10
Overall Quality: 10/10

Overall: 45/50 (90% = A) Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Back