2014 Topps Olympic sets

Monday or Tuesday I will be breaking another 100 blasters...the only things I will be keeping are

Gracie Gold - Gold Parallel, Auto
Ashley Wagner - Rainbow Parallel, Auto
Hilary Knight - Auto

then I need a 1932 for the Olympic Heritage set...

everything else will be FS

hope to pull a 1/1 too, im thinking the Pin I pulled is <10, so a nice one of those would work...when I finish this off I will have opened 1844 packs, the Pin is 1:3277, the patches are 1:806 and ive pulled 4 of those....want a big one...Vonn, Pikus Pace, Bode Miller, Hilary Knight, Ashley Wagner, Meryl Davis 1/1 of some sort...the Gracie Gold and Amy Purdy have already been pulled...hoping for some killer stuff

alright, I have multiple bronze sets (somewhere around 10 once all sorted) and probably 3 or 4 silver sets, wasn't able to complete a gold set, but im getting closer...

Base set $10 dlvd for the first $7 each additional at least 75 to choose from
Bronze set $22 dlvd for the first $15 each additional I have 3 or 4 made and 800 to sort
Silver $39 dlvd on the first, $30 each additional, I have 2 made, and 400 to sort
Venues set $8 dlvd on the first, $6 each additional (11 cards) have 8
Games set $10 dlvd on the first, $7 each additional (15 cards) have 8

if you are looking for specific athletes, let me know, I have 50 card bricks of all of them available, plus I have a bunch of stuff on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_arm...acat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=olympics&_ipg=200&rt=nc

not all the relics went up since I didn't get a listing promotion, and I do have a number of duplicates if you are looking for more than 1 of stuff...

wow, better than expected...with the promo I listed parallels and such, 81 sales...

recycling listings today with new listings from the 120 blasters...so there are a few listings that wont return, as I only had 1 of a number of the Rainbows, but there are more Rainbows, more Golds, more Autos, and more Relics...

I expect to do pretty well again now I suppose, I didn't figure I would sell more than 50 cards, so, basically I sold what I expected to in two cycles in just one cycle...

I adjusted some prices, so im hoping to sell a Games of the Olympiad set finally...

still a long way to go to recover from all these blasters, but im over 33% back (prior to fees), lined up another sale on Blowout for $43 for 2 cards, and with the recycling, I think I can make it to around 40-45% of what I spent...of course, if someone goes set goofy, ill be back real quick...

of the sales
9 Autos
2 Relics
70 parallels/inserts

I think I had 14 base autos up on the cycle that just ended, I have 30 on what ill list later on this morning...

well I sold better than 15% of the parallels I had listed, so im hoping that doesn't drop past 5%, and really the 10-15% would be solid again...things have been pretty slow, as I have them on 7 day listings ending Saturday...this afternoon I had all of 1 bid on the 580 or so Olympic cards...well tonight, I got a good bid, my couldn't complete it Gold Parallel set, opening bid $139.99 (itll cost me $20 to ship, so really its a buck a card, so it gets cost down quite a bit, its a 5% gain, so I think I could be pretty close to 50% after Saturday now...and next promo will only make things better...thinking ill send some of the relics up to COMC because I need to get some new stuff up there, as its been like 3 years before ive added anything...so maybe some weird Griffey stuff, and try to get some stuff moving on that site as well...

cycle is about to end this morning/afternoon on Olympic stuff from the last promo, then ill either relist it tonight or tomorrow afternoon, probably tomorrow afternoon, with the 'new' promo that came out this week...

thus far, nothing too exciting, no bid wars going on, but I do have 2 athlete 50 card lots that will sell, taking me up to 3 total, still haven't sold a complete base set though...

also, I did sell my 'near' Gold Parallel set (had 97 of 100) for $139.99 DLVD, and of course, most of the autos listed have bids again...NO relics with bids and only a few Parallels (I figure most folks working on the sets got me last week when I sold like 75 parallels)...

I listed up another 'partial' Gold Parallel set (67 of 100), they are just the duplicates that are left after almost making a set, and then listing one of each athlete that I had...if this gets a bid ill be happy, have it at $69.99 open

right now im just under 40% on those blasters after fees, and should get up around 44% by the end of this go round, hopefully hit 50% next weekend

wow, up over 50% after fees now...completely didnt expect that, some guy went goofy on the Rainbow parallels (1:24) about bought almost 60 of them, not bad when the 'cheap' ones were $1.99...sold around 10 autographs, 5 relics (all special ones 1:800+ packs)...

wish more parallels would have sold, 0 Silver, 0 Bronze sold, only a couple golds (though i did sell 97 yesterday), looks like as early as next weekend i could be lot hunting again, didnt think i would get back this quick, especially after buying 360 blasters (that retail at $19.99 each)

yeah the amount of $ that came in from parallels was impressive...I figured more people would be buying sets...

as I suspected I filled most of the people that were doing sets already, which is why my gold/silver/bronze sales were down, as for the rainbow, I think the guy bought some stuff last week, and may have just been trying me out, or had to wait for a payday, something like that...

considering I have around 200 of each athlete, just selling off the base sets would get me to profit, then I literally have thousands of parallels, and hundreds of inserts...

one of the insert sets one lady sold 6 of, but all were December and January, but got $25 each on them, I cant even get $7...I also have around 200 relics still, plus whatever, if anything topps sends me, and I pulled a number of cards for PC...

and if I didn't think I could make money in the long run, I wouldn't have bought them

still have a ton of base sets, bronze sets, silver sets, venues sets, games sets, and heritage sets...

if anyone is looking for those...im up to almost 59% recovery after fees, as ill add over 2.5% with what will end tomorrow, not bad at all for 2 months of listings...now if I can keep this up of selling 2-5% each time there is a listing promo, life will be good, but things will start dropping off as im selling quite a few Gold parallels, thus far ive sold a lot of 97 for $139.99, a lot of 73 for $99.99, and now I have a lot of 50 up...so a fair amount of recovery has been from the Gold Parallels...I started with roughly 423 of them, have 24 ending tomorrow with bids that are listed as singles, and ive probably sold 40 already...

for sets ive sold 1 base set, 1 games set, and 3 venues sets, that's it, so I have probably 120 base sets, 15 bronze sets, 10 silver sets, 12 games sets, 12 venues sets, and 3 heritage sets...I also offer athlete lots in groups of 50, can do them for all but #84 Katie Uhlaender, as I sold 140 base 10 bronze 5 silver, 2 gold, 1 rainbow, and 1 auto to the same person...

Back