Baseball 2014 Topps Finest

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2014 Topps Finest

Per box items:
1 mini box
6 packs per mini box
5 cards per pack
1 autographed card per mini box

The standard sized base set cards feature a full color action shot of the player super-imposed on a very colorful and flashy background. A very modern graphic borders the card and creates a popping effect for the player. The set name is along the card top and the player's last name in on the left side border. The card backs are photo-less and are trimmed in the team's primary colors.. The back contain moderate biographical information, highlights of the player's 2013 season and 2013 statistics.

What I pulled:
30 unique cards, no duplicates
I am not listing base set completion as I only received 1 mini box, not a master box
7 inserts/parallels
1 RC auto

Base card front and back:

The Inserts:
Murphy, Goldschmidt refractors
Heyward X-factor
Fernandez 94 Finest
Harper Sterling
Stanton refractor #/125
Fielder refractor #/15

The Hit:

Lambo X-factor #/149

I love Finest products, I really do. Regardless of sport, the design, photography, and the refractors, all make Finest the one brand that I will buy over and over. A mid-range product that combines value, innovation, and quality in a very popular product. Some of the action shots really make you feel like you are part of the game. The serial numbered refractor parallel looks awesome. My scanner hardly does them justice. Some of the base refractors were hard to identify and I actually had to look at the back of every card to locate them all. The autograph is on-card. After what, like 20 years, you would think someone would have figured out how to make these cards without 'chrome curl.' The curl was very evident as many of the sealed packs were warping! However, for all of your quirks Finest, I love you, I really do.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2014 Topps Finest a buy rating. It will be a little of a challenge to chase the parallel sets. The hits are look great! Buy a box and trade your Tigers cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: NA
Big-hit Hunter: 3/5
Prospector Hunter: 4/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 29/35 (82%) = B

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Nice I love Finest. Lambo isnt too bad of a hit either. I just hit some Tigers Chrome Purple refractors in a Blaster break, check the thread I made if you need them. :)

Another nice review... way too many "sub sets" to build a master set... but those can all become traders to help complete the base set.

Looks like a nice set...I just really don't care for the "throwback" designs they like to use though. The Bryce Harper is a great example...I think (and I could be wrong) that is a 1994 "re-make" design. I just don't like how they do that. Be more original.

But, like normal...Finest looks to be a pretty decent product.

Back