2014 TOPPS CHROME MINI FOOTBALL CARDS

redwing40

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
If you love Topps Chrome Football cards, Topps is hoping you’ll enjoy it just a bit smaller. Topps is introducing 2014 Topps Chrome Mini Football, which is set to come around Christmas.

Each box of 2014 Topps Chrome Mini Football will have 24 packs with four cards in each pack. There will be one mini Rookie Autograph card per hobby box.

The base set will include 220 packs (110 veterans and 110 rookies). The Rookie Cards will be limited to 25 image variations with the veterans limited to 30 image variations. The base set parallels include Refractors (three per hobby box), STS-Bordered Refractor (numbered to 99), BCA-Bordered Refractor (numbered to 25), Pulsar Refractor (one per box), Black-Bordered Refractor (numbered to 15), Gold-Bordered Refractor (numbered to 10), Red-Bordered Refractor (numbered to 5), SuperFractor (1-of-1) and Printing Plates.

The Rookie Autographs will have on-card and sticker autographs. They will feature eight parallels: Refractors (numbered to 150), STS Refractor (numbered to 99), BCA Refractor (numbered to 75), Black Refractor (numbered to 25), Pulsar Refractor (numbered to 15), Gold Refractor (numbered to 10), Red Refractor (numbered to 5) and SuperFractor (1-of-1).

There will also be Rookie Autograph Image Variations.

The inserts will feature Fantasy Focus and 1985 Topps Football designs. The 1985 Topps designs will fall at a rate of just one per box, but will come in Refractor, Pulsar, Superfractor and Autograph versions.

Topps is included Chrome Rookie Die-Cuts (one per box), 1,000-Yard Club (one per case), and 4,000-Yard Club (one per case). Each will have Blue Wave, Red and Superfractor parallels with Autographed versions.

Very interesting. I have thought for a long time that Chrome is something Topps does very well and most of their other stuff is pretty forgettable. Making more sets like this (using the Chrome technology) is very welcome. The more I think about it...the more I really like it!!

I agree. I've always been a fan of the way Topps does Chrome. I'm not sure what to think about minis, just because it's so hard to find sleeves/toploaders for them, but they are fun. One thing I wonder about, though, is whether they plan to somehow use sticker autos on the minis. I'm not sure how well that would work and if they do there will likely be a lot of incomplete (cut off) autographs on those cards. Surely all the minis are on-card, though.

Back