Baseball 2014 Stadium Club

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2014 Stadium Club

Per Box Items:

3 mini boxes
6 packs per mini box
5 cards per pack
1 autograph per mini-box

The 200 card base set features full-bleed color actions shots of the named player. The border-less cards have a simple graphic on the card bottom that contains the set logo, player and team name. The graphic is trimmed with a complementary team color and silver foil. The card backs have a color head shot of the player, moderate biographical information, team logo, moderate career highlights, last year and career statistics, all superimposed over background of home plate. The card backs are also trimmed in a team color.

What I pulled:
90 unique cards, no duplicates.
75 base set cards
5 gold or rainbow parallels cards
7 other inserts
3 autographs

Base card front and back:

Inserts and Parallels: (not all scanned)

Autographs:

Stadium Club is back! Second only to Finest, Stadium Club is this collector's favorite set! The photography is awesome and captures a lot of emotion and expressions of the game. I love the mix of retired stars, current players and RCs. Some of the retired legends cards are black and white pictures. There are the occasional horizontal designed cards. The overall design of the cards is simple and flawless. the autographs are on-card. The parallel tiers run for the base, inserts and autograph sets and should prove to be a fun challenge to chase. The only real con that I saw is that some of the silver foil can flake off and stick to the back of the card on top. be careful when separating cards that are stuck together.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2014 Stadium Club a buy rating. You will need 2-3 boxes and trading to complete the base set. This will appeal to set builders mostly. Buy a box and trade your Tigers and Rickey Henderson cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 4/10
Big-hit Hunter: 6/10
Prospector Hunter: 8/10
Value: 10/10
Overall Quality: 10/10

Overall: 38/50 (76% = C)

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Last edited:
Back