Racing 2014 Press Pass Redline

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
Press Pass Redline

Per Box Items:

5 packs per box
5 cards per pack
3 race-used memorabilia cards per box
2 autographs per box
1 hit per pack

Press Pass sell sheet

The 80 card base set has posed color or black and white bust photos of the drivers on the card fronts. The glossy fronts have black and gray graphics that 'frame' the driver photo. The set name is trimmed in red foil. The non-glossy backs are all vertical in layout. They feature a either a color or black and white photo of the driver's car. The backs also contain moderate career statistics and either current season or career statistics.

What I pulled:

25 unique cards, no duplicates
8 base set cards, 8/80 = 10% of the base set
5 serial numbered parallels
7 inserts
5 memorabilia and autographed cards.

Base card front and back:

Parallels and Inserts: (not all scanned)
Labonte and Bowyer #/75
Armstrong and Newman #/50
Labonte #/10
RPM #4 and #8
Intensity #4 and #10
Redline Racers #1, 2, and 9

The Hits:
Austin Dillon dual relic #/50
Elliot Sadler relic #/50
Bill Elliot autograph triple relic #/50
Jeff Gordon autograph #/10
Jeff Gordon sheet metal relic 1/1

2014 Redline is one of the high-end offerings from Press Pass this year. Offering a hit per pack and 5 per box Redline offers collectors a chance at flipping gold. The base cards are simplistic in desing, but the inserts are look sharp! The several tiers of parallels will provide a fun chase. Only pulling 10% of the base set from one box will cause set collectors to steer clear. The hits are where it is at though! Even if I did not pull a 1/1 and an autograph /10 the other hits by them selves look outstanding. The multiple swatches and multicolored relics really add to the eye appeal!

The Bottom Line: I give 2014 Press Pass a shop around rating. Buy the singles, parallels and hits you want, but you will lose on the lottery tickets in the long run if trying to complete the base set by wax busting.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 1/10
Big-hit Hunter: 10/10
Prospector Hunter: NA
Value: 8/10
Overall Quality: 9/10

Overall: 28/40 (70%) C

Thanks to Press Pass for making this review possible!

great review... great product... and some fantastic hits! The fact that you need to bust several boxes... or do alot of trading... to get a complete Base set really keeps the set collector from purchasing the product. Five "hits" is great... IF you get hits that you can flip and get the money back. You might be a little too generous with a "C" rating. I would go closer to a "C-" or "D+" for the casual collector who is putting the set together... a "C" works best for "flippers".

Last edited:
Great review, thanks Tim for posting it! I absolutely love the Austin Dillon mem card. The Gordons, and Elliot auto aren't too shabby, either? Like the RPM inserts, as well.

Great review, thanks Tim for posting it! I absolutely love the Austin Dillon mem card. The Gordons, and Elliot auto aren't too shabby, either? Like the RPM inserts, as well.

The Dillion card is reserved with your name on it.

Man, talk about a dream box for me. Not only the Awesome Bill auto, but 2 SICK Gordons. Im quite jealous right now, lol!

I can use the Bowyer /75 if you want to work something out for it. :)

I think they are doing the right thing with the base sets. The base sets have become almost worthless. Most people cant sell them and some collectors have thrown dumpster fulls away. By severly limiting the base sets you increase the value of them or should. That remains to be seen of course. Very few collectors buy the boxes for base sets anymore.

I think they are doing the right thing with the base sets. The base sets have become almost worthless. Most people cant sell them and some collectors have thrown dumpster fulls away. Very few collectors buy the boxes for base sets anymore.

Here is where the problem is. Most people bust boxes to flip and make $ and not to collect their favorite player. You say the base is worthless because no one cares about them all they want is hits but a lot of hits are worthless as well because everyone complains they want more hits and they get over produced and use whatever they can find like hats or roll bar padding.
At one time I would pull a RU numbered to 5 or an auto numbered to 10 was something now no real interest so I send them to Common4Kids.

So contact Press Pass and tell them then you are for product like these! http://www.superbreaksports.com http://www.heroesofsportinc.com

That way instead of paying $125 for unwanted/ worthless base and relics you can pay $700 to $7,000 for a box of worthwhile hits.

I have not personally opened any of the 2014 Redline and I don’t think I will as not overly impressed with the parallels or RU card designs. Yes a 1/1 is cool but does not look like they really spent any time thinking on the design or what they were going to use. IMO a 1/1 should stand out and it seem they needed to have a 1/1 of they pulled any card off the line and stamped it.

Back