Baseball 2014 Bowman Sterling

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2014 Bowman Sterling

Per Box Items:
6 packs per box
4 cards per pack
3 autographs per pack
(18 per box)

While 2014 Bowman Sterling is all about the autographs it really has a base set to collect, actually two sets, there is the base Bowman Sterling cards and Bowman Sterling Prospects. The Bowman Sterling cards feature a color action shot of the player superimposed on a chrome and gray stylized background. The card front also contains the set name, player name, position and some basic biographical information. The card backs are photo-less and contain a lot of statistical information on a gray background. The difference on the Bowman Sterling Prospects cards is that these have the BSP prefix and instead of gray backgrounds on the front and back, it is white.

What I pulled:

24 unique cards
3 base
2 serial numbered base parallels
1 insert
10 autographs
6 serial numbered parallel autographs
2 autograph redemption cards

Base card front and back:

Insert and Parallels:

Refractor parallels #/199
Bowman is Back

Base autographs:
Freeland, Edwards, Northcraft, Peraza, Sano, Frazier, Syndergaard, Murphy, and Sims.
Ortiz not pictured.

Serial Numbered parallel autographs and redemptions:
Fisher (Dark Purple) #/50, Sanchez and Swihart (Orange) #/75, Pentecost (Light Purple) #/99, Alcantara (Sepia) #/150, Heaney (Green) #/125

With their last product for 2014, Bowman is all about the rookies. Bowman Sterling is a prospectors dream. The cards were designed for autographs and the base cards almost look weird without them. The autographs are a combinations of both on-card and sticker autos. The multicolored, serial numbers tiers will provide a good chase. This product does contain redemption cards

The Bottom Line:
I give 2014 Bowman Sterling a shop around. Unless you are a major prospector or set builder, you will be better ahead buying the singles you want. If you do buy a buy a box and trade your Tigers cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: NA
Big-hit Hunter: 2/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 29/35 (82%) = B

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Nice break. I love this set, one of my favorite baseball releases every year (usually cant afford it though, LOL!). Wish I had some more stuff for ya see a few I can use here too, LOL! No worries though. :)

Nice break. I love this set, one of my favorite baseball releases every year (usually cant afford it though, LOL!). Wish I had some more stuff for ya see a few I can use here too, LOL! No worries though. :)

I am assuming the Braves autos? I will add them to your stack. This makes five cards in a SASE (maybe bubble mailer) for you.

Tal

SWEET! Thanks a ton Tim, Ill gather up anything Detroit I can find and send out a SASBM (wow that last part just makes sound gross, LOL) with all the Lions and Tigers............... oh my! :)

Back