Baseball 2013 Topps Tribute - World Baseball Classic

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2013 Topps Tribute - World Baseball Classic

Per Box Items:
6 packs per box
5 cards per pack
4 autographs per box
1 patch per box
1 relic per box

The base cards feature either an action or posed color shot of the named player. The cards have a chrome refractor finish to them. the border-less cards are trimmed with gold foil for the set, player and country name, position and set logo. A hologram-like image of a world map is along the top of the card fronts. The card backs are photo-less. The white background card backs list very brief biographical information and moderate career highlights. The card backs also show a color country logo have a very glossy sheen.

What I pulled:
28 cards - 1 base duplicate
21 base set cards = 21/100 = 21% of the base set
4 autographs
2 relics

Base card front and back:

The Hits:
Miguel Cabrera autograph #/25
Anthony Rizzo patch #/10
Asdrubal Cabrera autograph
Adam Jones Autograph
Yovani Gallardo autograph #/50
Fernando Rodney patch #/131

I love the look of these cards! 2013 Topps Tribute - WBC is the best looking card set I have seen this year and probably the last couple of years! Thick sturdy cards, refractor finish, awesome card design. In my opinion these cards look amazing! The stated odds were good. Even though the Rodney patch has just a sliver of white, it is still a patch. The box says the relic cards are numbered to 99 or less and the Rodney patch is numbered out of 131 though. The autographs are sticker autos but fit the horizontal cards very well. One big negative I have is the collation. For this high end of a product you expect there to be no duplicate cards. I pulled two the of the same card, from the same pack, back to back! They both do look great though. If you do buy a box trade your Chinese National Team card to me!

The Bottom Line: I give 2013 Topps Tribute - World Baseball classic a shop around rating. The cards look incredible! For as much as I love the look of the cards, I really can not justify to myself the cost of trying to complete the base set. Buy singles you want.

The Final Score: Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 2/10
Big-hit Hunter: 10/10
Prospector Hunter: 5/10
Value: 8/10
Overall Quality: 10+/10

Overall: 35/50 (70.0% = B)
The biggest drawback being the cost and need for multiple boxes to complete the base set.

Man, that Miguel Cabrera auto is sick. I cant tell in the scan, are they a "refractor" type background, or is it just brightly colored?

Back