Racing 2013 Press Pass Legends

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2013 Press Pass Legends

Per mini box items:
6 packs per mini box
5 cards per pack
1 autograph
1 race used relic

Press Pass sell sheet

There are 60 cards in the base set. The standard sized cards feature either a color or black and white picture of the named driver. Heavy borders make a frame around the picture. The driver is glossy while the background inside the frame is matte finish. Copper foil is used on the card fronts to highlight the drivers name, set name and trim the frame. The card backs are vertical in format and in most cases have a picture of the driver's car. Moderate career highlights and complete career statistics are also included on the card backs.

What I Pulled:
30 total cards
20 base set cards, 3 base set dupes
3 serial numbered parallels
2 inserts
1 relic card
1 autograph/relic card

Base card front and back:

Inserts and parallels:
Mark Martin, Kulwick, Kulwicki gold #/149
Famous Feats #3 Bill Elliot
Signature Style #3 Bill Elliot

The Hits:
Mark Martin Relic #/50
John Force Auto/Relic #/25

*******************************************************************************************

2013 Press Pass Legends is "Where Racing Legends Meet." While I am a fan of any set that puts retired legends and current stars together, I must admit I am unfamiliar with any names outside of NASCAR. This set includes Indy, Funny Car, Rally Car and other motorsports legends. The on-card auto is a huge hit and look great! I was a little disapointed that there were actually 3 duplicate cards in my one mini box. Once in a while the copper foil can chip slightly. Overall, nostalgia and set collectors will love 2013 Press Pass Legends!

The Bottom Line: I give 2013 Press Pass Fan Fare a buy rating. Buy a master box if you are trying to complete the base set.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: N/A
Big-hit Hunter: 10/10
Prospector Hunter: NA
Value: 9/10
Overall Quality: 8/10

Overall: 27/30 (90%)
You will need a master box of three mini boxes to complete the base set.

Thanks to Press Pass for making this review possible!

Back