Baseball 2013 Bowman Chrome

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
Per Box Items:
18 packs per box
4 cards per pack
1 Chrome autograph per box

The standard sized cards look identical to the 2013 Bowman base set design, only with a chrome finish. The base set cards feature a color action shot of the named player. Bordered in white the card fronts have small graphics at the card bottom. The set and player names are in silver foil. The player's position is also shown. The Bowman Pick cards are similar to the base set The bottom graphic is rounded on the Bowman pick cards. The card fronts are trimmed in a team color. The card backs are photo-less. The backs include moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights, 2012 and career statistics. The backs of the base set cards are gray bordered. The backs of the Bowman Pick cards are white.

What I Pulled:
72 unique cards, no duplicates
28 Bowman Chrome base set cards
34 Bowman Chrome Pick set cards
4 refractors
1 blue refractor #/250
1 RC reprint
1 Rising through the Ranks mini refractor
1 Chrome auto
1 Chrome auto blue refractor
1 redemption card

Base card front and back:

Refractors and Inserts: (not all scanned)
Tommy Milone Blue refractor #/250
Jimmy Rollins RC reprint
Taylor Guerrieri Rising Through the Ranks Mini refractor

The Autos:
Adys Portillo
Luis Torrens Blue Refractor #/150

The Redemption:
Game Used Hat for the 2013 Futures game

*************************************************************************************

2013 Bowman Chrome baseball, home of the Rookie insert card! The box is really broken into two parts, the base set cards and parallels and the Bowman Pick cards and parallels. Bowman again uses sharp photographs for their cards. The card designs are crisp and clean. The autograph is on-card. Another device I really like is the mini chrome refractors. That would be my choice of insert set to chase. Above the stated odds with not one but TWO autos is great. However pulling a card with stated odds of 1 in 38,500 packs is awesome! Yes I got lucky on the lottery ticket, but it is an amazing pull. For about three products now the infamous 'chrome curl' has NOT been a issue. I really hope this is a permanent fix!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2013 Bowman Chrome a BUY rating. The inserts and parallels will be fun to chase. Buy a box and trade your Tigers to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 5/10
Big-hit Hunter: 10+/10
Prospector Hunter: 10/10
Value: 10/10
Overall Quality: 10/10

Overall: 45/50 (90% = B)The biggest drawback being that you will need a couple boxes and some light trading to complete the base set.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Back