2013-14 Panini Innovation Basketball Preview

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
If you're like me and were collecting cards in the 90s then you can remember the days of all the wacky inserts, which everyone wanted to see! A lot of those wacky insert cards were the cards that we chased. Those were our "hits". Well, now we'll get a chance to relive a little bit of our youth with the upcoming 2013-14 Panini Innovation Basketball.

Panini is including several autograph sets this year, including Foundations Ink and the die-cut Top Notch Autographs (sampled below). These sets will be numbered to 199 and 325, or less, respectively, and will also include gold parallel versions numbered to 25, or less. Also, new to Innovation this year are Main Exhibit Signatures and Main Exhibit Rookie Signatures, both of which will feature on-card autographs along with a shadowbox design, which isn't very innovative at all.

There will also be several relic sets this year, along with a few autographed relic sets. The relic sets are Stat Line Jerseys (25 cards, sampled below), Rookie Jumbo Jerseys (25 cards), and Memorable Memorabilia (50 cards). All of these will be numbered to 299, or less, and include a paralleled version which will be numbered to 25, or less. The autographed relic sets, which are both 50 card sets, include Game Jersey Autographs and Digs and Sigs. Just like most of the others sets this year, these will both have parallel versions numbered to 25, or less.

The insert sets which, like I said, will take you back to the 90s are these: Swat Team (15 cards), All Rookies (15 cards), Juggernauts (30 cards), Starters Legends (10 cards), Starters (30 cards) and Kaboom! (20 cards, sampled below). The Kaboom! inserts are going to the rare inserts here, inserted only 1 per case! There will also be the View and Rookie View sets which will be numbered to 199, or less and also be paralleled with Blue (/25), Gold (/10) and Black (1/1) versions.

2013-14 Panini Innovation Basketball is set to be released on June 11. Each box of this will include just 1 pack, with only 6 cards. You'll get two autographs, one relic, one View card, one stained glass card, and one other insert.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the checklist here, and I really hope that Tony Parker is included in the stained glass or the Kaboom! insert sets (or both). I really like the look of both sets and would love to have one of each in my PC. If TP9 isn't included, maybe I'll just have to go for any Spur just to get one.

Here's a look at some of the cards that will be included:

2013-14-innovation-basketball-rookie-view-mcw.jpg 2013-14-innovation-basketball-swat-team-anthony-davis.jpg 2013-14-innovation-basketball-stained-glass-kyrie.jpg 2013-14-innovation-basketball-kaboom-kobe-bryant.jpg 2013-14-innovation-basketball-stat-line-tony-parker.jpg 2013-14-innovation-basketball-top-notch-kevin-durant.jpg

Back