2011 Press Pass Racing

Dlong1

DLong1
2011 Press Pass Racing

press-pass-racing-2011-276.jpg

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:

- Expanded 200 card base set
- Press pass autos - Authentic autographs from the sport's hottest drivers
- Burning Rubber Signature Edition - Autographed victory tire card from 2010 race winners
- Winning Ticket - Set-within-a-set featuring vintage short-printed versions
- Burning Rubber - Race-used victory tires from the season's most memorable races
- Four Wide - Four piece race-used memorabilia card Collect all 4 versions!
- Geared Up - Authentic memorabilia cards featuring a wide range of race-used memorabilia

30 packs per box, 8 cards per pack with 1 Race-Used Memorabilia per box

With the start of the racing season just around the corner, 2011 Press Pass Racing has been released. It's a look back at the 2010 season with the highlights having been captured on film. There were the memorible moments like McMurray's Season opening win at Daytona, Danica's first ever NASCAR start and Jeff Gordon's 600th consecutive start. Those are just a few of the highlights captured on cards for us all to enjoy. There are cards of the winners, Pit Crews, Transports and the Top 12. Surley this is the set to look back on all that happened in Nascar in 2010.

What we pulled:
We got 152/200 base cards 76% complete with 3 duplicates.

#1-55 Drivers
1.jpg

You just have to love the intensity in his face.

#56-110 The Rides
2.jpg

Featuring the Cars & Trucks of the Series.

#111-122 Transports
3.jpg

These are often overlooked, but vital pieces of the NASCAR circuit.

#123-134 Race Tracks
4.jpg

What can you say to the Granddaddy of all tracks!

#135-153 2010 Winners
5.jpg

Featuring the winners of 2010.

#154-170 Highlights
6.jpg

Doesn't Jr look great in his tribute to Dale Sr!!

#1171-188 Gas-N-Go Pit Crews
7.jpg

Here's to the guys that make NASCAR Gooooooooo!

#189-200 Top 12
8.jpg

Featuring the 12 drivers that went hard for the trophy.

Very nice looking set. As always the photography is just awesome. It seems like that is becoming a standard phrase when reveiwing any Press Pass product, but how can you argue when you see the finished products.

Inserts:
Cup Chase -
10.jpg

We got one, Carl Edwards. With this card, if he makes it to the Top 12, you will receive a special "Cup Chase" set. If he wins it all, you will receive "Special Prize". An exclusive race-used memorabilia card.

Gold card #/50 -
9.jpg

Hard to see the numbering so I circled it. We got 2 of them.

Flashbacks -
12.jpg

We pulled 3 of them - Tony Stewart, Bill Elliott & Mark Martin

Tradin' Paint -
11.jpg

We pulled 2 - Tony Stewart & Ryan Newman

Class of 2011 -
13.jpg

We pulled 1 - Bobby Allison

Winning Tickets -
14.jpg

We Pulled 10 of them plus 1 Short Print -
J. Johnson (3), D. Hamlin (2), Kyle Busch (2), K. Harvick, C. Edwards & A. Dillon. Short Print Darrell Waltrip (1:30). There were no duplicates as each one is for a different race.

Geared Up -
15.jpg

Oh My Gosh!! This is one Sweet card! The piece of helmet has a piece of the curved part of his helmet as is numbered to 25. It doesn't get much better.

Final thoughts -
This is not a high end product, but any serious collector would want to add it to their collection because it gives the collector a chance to reflect back on the 2010 season and all that happened. I'm pleased with the photography on glossy cards and the Winning Tickets are a great insert set. We got lucky with the Geared Up Race-used card and I believe that it looks as great as any card from the higher end products.

This is really a nice product and I'm looking forward to every release from Press Pass this year.

Here's how I would rate this product:

Value = 5
Innovation = 5
Fun and Experience = 5
Rebuy Value = 4.5

I rate this product an "A" for Press Pass!

I would like to thank Press Pass and Sports Card Freaks for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Sports Card Freaks

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to U.S/Canadian (except Quebec) residents. For a chance to obtain any of the insert cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name and complete address, including your email address, on a 3 X 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to: NPN PRESS PASS 2011, 9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200, Charlotte NC 28269. Only one card per envelope mailed separately postmarked by March 1, 2011 and received by March 8, 2011. No metered mail. Limit 1 request per household for Press Pass 2011. Failure to comply will result in your entry being disqualified. Drawings on or about March 22, 2011. Only persons selected will be notified. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3 X 5 card the answer to the following skill-test question: 50 + (2X4) - 10 = ?

Nice review I am working on the WINNING Ticket Shortprints I have almost the whole set Already,Dont really Care for the base Cards same as always I do Like the Leaders of the Packand the Nice touch on the Cup chase cards for 2011 .

Here's how I would rate this product:

Value = 3
Innovation = 5
Fun and Experience = 5
Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an "b" for Press Pass!

Back