Kevin Durant *
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Chris Paul - Replaced by Chauncey Billups
Zach Randolph *
Brandon Roy - Replaced by Chris Kaman
Deron Williams *

* denotes first time selection

For the East, Rondo should be starting, AI gone and David Lee on the bench. Also Bosh should be starting in front of Garnett.

Pierce & Horford need to be replaced in the East by Josh Smith and David Lee

Pau needs to be replaced in the West by his brother Marc

The fans have SPOKEN! I like!

The only things I would change are the starters and dunk competition.

Players should determine the starters by winning the contests/competitions.

The slam dunk contest should be about the fans they want to see players young stars and vets, if you want to play in the game, you have to dunk in the competition or win a prior event (3-point or skills). If you don't win you owe the fans at least (3) dunks each or (2) minutes per player failing at dunking per round. Round (1) 30 participants (with 6 walk ons), Round (2) Top 10, Round (3) Top 5, Round (4) Top 2.

Thats 135 dunks in 2 hrs. Thats all I care about prior to playoffs.......

NBA gives $1,000,000 USD to the triple crown winner......:eek:

Triple Crown? 3-point, Skills, & dunk champion

yahoo sports -

All-Star Game Changes: Kobe, Iverson Out; Kidd, Lee In

What has been mentioned as possibility for several days is now a reality: Kobe Bryant will sit out the All-Star Game with the same ankle injury that’s made him miss the last three games, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein.

But fear not, because he’s being replaced by Jason Kidd. Wait, what?!

There are some logical reasons for this selection. Kidd is a member of the hometown Mavs, he’s a legend, and point guards thrive when ball-moving point guards are involved. That said, Kidd is clearly not putting up All-Star numbers this year. His 9.3 ppg and 9.3 apg averages are solid, but there’s a reason he wasn’t mentioned in much All-Star talk until today.

My guess is that this selection is a combination of hometown advantage and the snow in Dallas making it difficult for many people to get to the game. Kidd was available, so he’s now playing.

Stein also reports that Allen Iverson will miss the game, likely to be with his ailing daughter. Earlier in the day, Iverson was reported to still be playing in the game, but those reports were clearly inaccurate.

Knicks big man David Lee is his replacement, and this decision makes a lot more sense than Kidd on the merits. Lee is putting up tremendous numbers in New York (20 ppg and 11.4 rpg) and deserves to be there. I would’ve taken Josh Smith(notes), but this is nothing to get angry about.

One important note: the West now has four point guards and no shooting guards on the roster. Expect a lot of Kevin Durant at the two in this one.

Just feel a couple of those guys could have played... Just seems the All-star game doesn't mean the same to players now as it did 10-15 years ago.

AI doing the right thing and staying with his sick daughter. He's always been a family guy yet people seem to leave that out when badmouthing him.

Back