2009 NFL Draft Defensive Tackle Rankings

sffanmike25

Bench Warmer
Pretty simple list here. Most draft boards will have Brace behind Hood, but it all depends on what a team is looking for. With that said, I favor Brace and his size, while Hood probably will produce a more disruptive stat-line if he finds the right situation.

Defensive Tackle:
1) BJ Raji (BC)
2) Peria Jerry (OLE MISS)
3) Ron Brace (BC)
4) Evander Hood (MIZZOU)
5) Fili Moala (USC)
6) Sen’Derrick Marks (Auburn)

Round 4-7 Value: Ricky Jean Francois (LSU) – Physical traits, just need the consistency to match. LSU fans will probably wish me "good luck" on that.

Class Grade: B/B-

Not the depth I’d want to see if I’m desperate to fill a NT or DT spot. But there are enough players to make a solid impact for roughly 10 teams.

DT is actually a little better than originally thought. There are some quality guys available... and it doesn't even include likely 3-4 DEs Jarron Gilbert and Tyson Jackson.

1. B.J. Raji, Boston College
2. Peria Jerry, Ole Miss
3. Evander Hood, Missouri
4. Ron Brace, Boston College
5. Fili Moala, USC
6. Chris Baker*, Hampton
7. Terrance Taylor, Michigan
8. Sen'Derrick Marks*, Auburn
9. Ricky Jean-Francois*, LSU
10. Alex Magee, Purdue

Where do you rank Dorrell Scott? There have been articles here talking about him as a solid round 3 guy

Where do you rank Dorrell Scott? There have been articles here talking about him as a solid round 3 guy

I've seen him in the 3rd for the most part. Should be a top 100 pick player. Didn't make my list above since most of those guys are gone by the end of the 2nd.

some good talent this year.....not like last year where you had 2 top 10 DT's....then not another DT until 40 picks later.....Raji is clearly the best DT....but the talent is a lot closer this year and you will see these guys sprinkled through the 1st day of the draft and you probably won't see one go and then a whole rounds worth of picks go by before another one leaves the board.

Back