2007 Ultimate Collection Group Break

tdboxmunchers

Bench Warmer
I have a box of 2007 Ultimate Collection sitting at my house ready to be opened. The minibox\pack price is $75 which includes the cards that are in that pack, cases for the cards, and shipping. We have done group breaks before, but usually at hobby shop trading nights. We are on youtube under the name tdboxmunchers, and we wanted to start some group breaks. Our breaks work like this:
1. There will be the option to either pay per pack or buy a team depending on what product we are doing. (Ultimate will be per pack)
2. The pack will be video recorded and submitted on Youtube. We will also post live break on this site. The box will also be available to view @ boxbreak.org
3. Each buyer will be notified of date and time of the box break.
4. We will update the buyer prior to the break about when the break will occur.
5. We take payment through paypal only.
6. As soon as the break occurs, we will ship out all cards
7. Ultimate Collection contains 4 mini-boxes, so 4 spots will be available for this particular break.
8. We get our boxes through our sponsors (CWsportscards, Blowoutcards.com, Thomis, Dugout). We get boxes at distributors cost, and we dont make any money off of the group breaks.

(Most hobby shops are selling these packs at $100 a pop. The $75 break will put us at $300 total for our costs. The box costs us $290 and we are figuring the $10 extra will cover shipping and cases on all packs)

If you are interested, please call me (Dan) at 541-441-1897 or email me at [email protected]. We are on the westcoast so please keep in mind that 9:00am in New York is going to be 6:00am in Oregon!

Why we dont make money on our group breaks:
We submit box break videos on youtube and are always looking for more videos to post. This allows us the fun of opening products and posting videos without the hassle of buying the box with our money.

PM Sent to OP

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that currently only staff is allowed to run box breaks or contests. You are always welcome to contact Admin to get special approval.

I hope you like the site, and if you have any questions feel free to ask myself.

Thanks

PS Always nice to have another Oregonian here on the boards!

his reply

Yeah no problem. Is there anyway we can team up to do some box breaks on here? We could do some advertising on our videos for you guys. We are currently sponsored by several different companies and have been in the hobby for a long time. We could get you some documents or something on how we run them and what we do.

my reply

I will talk to the Admin about this, as it sounds like it could be a good partnership.

......this is me talking to Admin about this....

Him:

The advantage we have over a lot of the other people doing group breaks is the fact that we arent here to make a profit. We team up with distributors, and get boxes for their cost. The benefit for them is that they get lots of exposure through our youtube videos (20,000 views since Late September). We benefit because we get to put videos on, get a cheap price on our personal boxes, and the guys that buy into our group breaks get cards much much cheaper than at a hobby shop.

Group breaks can either go really good, or extremely bad. We havent had any complaints with our local group breaks, and have had some major hits while doing them. If we could establish a group break community of about 15-16 guys that do a group break with us (say on the 25th of every month) this could be a really good thing.

me:

The cool thing about this site is that with only the MOD's doing the breaks...there is no profit either! We do the breaks to benefit the members, without the mark up. I have posted your post in the moderator area of the site so the Admin will see it, and he will contact you if he is interested. If you would like you can send him a PM to get your idea to him

yeah that would be cool to have the spots card freaks before teh video starts that could boost the membership up

chris

Get links to there videos. Also get links to their box breaks on other sites. That would be the best determing factor.

I'd love to see the vids, too. I tried to get a guy that does these from his shop on board, but he never replied back to me. We could also try, and team up with The Doc, seeing he is a member here, and all. I think having live video box breaks could be something to put us over the top as a site. We could also do our own. ;) This is a topic worth discussing tonight. :)

Leafsfan1967 said:
I'd love to see the vids, too. I tried to get a guy that does these from his shop on board, but he never replied back to me. We could also try, and team up with The Doc, seeing he is a member here, and all. I think having live video box breaks could be something to put us over the top as a site. We could also do our own. ;) This is a topic worth discussing tonight. :)

I give you a 10 for creativity!

Back