2007 Gridiron Gear Case Break, Where are our cards?

Heres my 2 cents on this.

REGARDLESS what you made, whether it be 61, 81, 137, 200, 300 WHATEVER the TRUE number may be, profit is profit and these group breaks are not meant to be profitable (not the purpose). The purpose was to get the members involved into the site.

Although there are no rules stating the rules regarding price structure, couldn't it be assumed that they have not been for personal profit? How many of the breaks done by Brandon or Adam, ask them, did they make a profit off of of more than 25.00?

I would like to see a rule instated that anything over 25.00 gets directly donated to the site for whatever reason Joe feels fit (server fees, buy other boxes, ads, etc).

Johan Santana #57 said:
Heres my 2 cents on this.

REGARDLESS what you made, whether it be 61, 81, 137, 200, 300 WHATEVER the TRUE number may be, profit is profit and these group breaks are not meant to be profitable (not the purpose). The purpose was to get the members involved into the site.

Although there are no rules stating the rules regarding price structure, couldn't it be assumed that they have not been for personal profit? How many of the breaks done by Brandon or Adam, ask them, did they make a profit off of of more than 25.00?

I would like to see a rule instated that anything over 25.00 gets directly donated to the site for whatever reason Joe feels fit (server fees, buy other boxes, ads, etc).

Uhh I was given permission to sell FOR profit on this site. That was the original reason I became a mod. In exchage for the right to sell here. You are right they do not because they choose not to. I could have charged 848 like DA plus all the other expenses but I did not. On pack sales I make 8-12.00 and about the same on boxes. I usually factor in what I would sell a case for whenh I do a group break, not what I pay for it so I could have made alot more if I chose too.

That is true, you came here to do that. We know that. But at that time it was for PACK SALES AND BOX SALES, not group breaks. Packs/Box Sales you were allowed to make profit, not for a group break IMO.

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. I did that break under retail. Like Joe said, 8 boxes from DA would cost 848. Now add all the expenses and see what it would have been if Brandon or Adam did it at retail. Would it make you feel better if I didn't give our members a break and charged full retail for everything??

at 920 collected, someone else would have had to take a 20-40.00 loss to do the break. So If it's really about the members then what does it matter what I make as long as the members are getting a better price? Just like the Finest break I posted to prove a point to Josh, which I should have not done because Brandon had nothing to do with the issue, My prices were cheaper than Brandons and I was STILL making a small profit.

Im all for you getting cheaper prices, thats the great thing about it. but then the prices should reflect the cheaper price. It is for the members, not for you to make money. At least thats how I saw the group breaks. Since nothing was written about no profit, you are entitled to it, but I think it should be changed.

I'm not looking to fight here, just stating my opinion on the matter.

MY 2 FREAKING CENTS....ok more like $1.50.....

Hey man like I said before ABOUT MY BREAKS I more times than not pay MORE for the boxes I buy than any smart person should LOL, BUT that is because I like to support the local dealer and I wont ask him to take a loss because I want to do a box break for FREAKS....

So it's VERY plausible that Ryan gets a box for $90 and I pay $100-$110 EASILY. And its understandable IF he sells it for a break for $125-$130, and mine sells for nearly $150.... is he getting the member a "better" price?
NO, he is simply making his money back and a small profit minus shipping etc...have I EVER made a profit on a break?

YES will I again...YES, do I set out to make a HUGE profit on breaks? NOPE

Do I "feel bad" making a profit on a break? NOPE, should I have to explain that to anyone? NOPE... NO ONE is forcing ANY member to take part in a break

I have taken loses on breaks and I have made a little money on some...BUT as you all remember I do BONUS breaks...and give-aways and MOST of that comes from the extra money I get from breaks....

yea yea yea I'm blabbing, BUT I see Ryan's point that he does this for PROFIT...just like MIKE's MOJO, but on a larger scale

Prices on cases fluctuates from week to week...when RYAN presold those cases they were CRAZY HIGH, but EVERYONES was... as they got closer to release the price dropped like a BRICK....but you dont see D&A or blowout RETURNING peoples money that bought in while they were high do you?

It doesnt work like that...

whats done is done....members do NOT have to partake in breaks at ANY price that they dont wish to.... BUT IF there is EVER OBVIOUS gouging it's a problem....we ALL as mods need to watch out for it and PROTECT our members while understanding that EVERYONE isnt doing this for the best of JUST the site....they are doing it to put food on the table and pay the bills....

which isnt a crime....

I would say wait a little longer. If they do not show up then I guess you will just have to file the paypal claime. Then you will get your money back and paypal will eat it since I do not keep money in that account. I will just start factoring in extra for DC and insurance on every package because this is the second one that has gone missing since I started selling on this site. I will not get burned again.

Johan Santana #57 said:
well DC is 60 cents? Paypal DC is 18 cents, is it that big of a deal honestly lol

nope not at all but DC wouldn't help in this situation. DC *****. They never update it until it is actually delivered. It won't tell me where it is while it's in transit like they say it does. How many times have you looked at DC a week after you mailed and it still says electronic info received. I can scan the receipt to show I sent and I am not worried about Brandon lying about receiving so DC would not do us any good in this situation anyway.

Back