2 cases broken, and only 2 PC...tons of scans

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
so my 2 Olympic HOBBY Cases came in today...i could pull 4 packs from the box and get 2 of the 3 hits EVERY time, so packing wasnt the most 'random' if you will...

also, there were a number of packs that had duplicates, and the 'mixing' order was off compared with the blasters, a bit more random in the hobby for sure...

and through 420 blasters, 2 hobby cases, and 1 random hobby box I STILL havent pulled a Gold Medal Parallel of Julia Mancuso, they are 1:8 packs for a gold, so over 500 gold parallels ive pulled out of a 100 card set, and STILL havent gotten one is a bit weird...but thats not the only strange thing, i have yet to pull a Jamie Anderson BASE Relic, i pulled a Silver /50 and Bronze /75 in Blasters, but yet to pull a BASE, so that is another set i cant really complete...

anyway, lets look at some pictures

n1.jpg

"junk" relics

n2.jpg

more 'junk' relics

n3.jpg

decent relics

n4.jpg

a few more decent relics, the lettering on the Purdy is crazy

n5.jpg

'junk' autos

n6.jpg

Bronze Relics /75

n7.jpg

Silver Relics /50, with another decent Purdy patch

n8.jpg

Sochi Pins, they were 1:3000+ in blasters, they are 1:267 in Hobby

n9.jpg

Sochi Patches, they were 1:800+ in blasters, they are 1:133 in Hobby

n10.jpg

Olympic Team Ring Patches, also 1:800+ in blasters, 1:133 in Hobby, and the Gracie Gold is getting tucked away. The Gold was also in the best box of the day, Case 2 Box 1

n11.jpg

some of the 'better' Autos, the Meryl Davis was in the 1st box of the 1st case, the Vonn was 1st pack of 1st box in 2nd case

n12.jpg

some Bronze /50 Autos and Silver /30, Mancuso was in Case 2, Box 1, so in the first 6 packs, I hit the Vonn, then Mancuso, then Gold...too bad that was as good as it got

n13.jpg

Evan is Gold /15, and the Jamie Anderson is the first card I've seen in ALL of the boxes that has a color bottom. Every other card I've pulled is SOLID WHITE across the bottom, but this looks like it was before the white was added. It isnt a spill mark, or a marker mark, it was in the design, so I'm going to see if I can get a premium on it for being 'unique.' It is just the Bronze Medal Edition which are 1 per pack. Before I opened these cases, i had 20 complete sets, AND i have 40 more Anderson, not counting what I got today, which i havent sorted up yet.

n14.jpg

"Champions" Women, HOBBY ONLY, Kerrigan is going to PC, only lady i didnt get was Bonnie Blair

n15.jpg

"Champions" Men just missing Brian Boitano, and have a Eruzione from my first hobby box.

so yeah, thats it...ill have to make listings later to burn through the rest of my freebies...NONE of the #'d stuff is going up though, as I hope they do like the 2012 Olympic stuff, which is NUTS. "Common" Silver relics do around $20, and the heavy hitters are $50+

way to go Will!!! thats a lot of scans ...Got some sweet cards!! You will get some hits just wait... You all ways get something good

Love the 2 Purdy 'used' patches and I think you really killed it on the legend Autos!! Great stuff.

the legends are the only 'on card' autos in the set...would have been nice to complete the set, but 'odds' showed i should only get 8 of the 11 in the set...

starting to make listings now, ill have 1 listing left, and i wont be able to list any of the gold parallels, as im opting for the higher value rainbow parallels that are 1 per box instead of 3 per box...also not listing any of the 'worn' stuff, just the pins/patches and some autos...no serial numbered stuff though, holding that until i feel like listing goofy high...

Check your email/promos....I got free listings starting tomorrow :) Hopefully you did too. I forwarded it to you.

n29-1.jpg

hmm...total of 3 partial pink, in packs, the standard order has these 3 in a row...going to email Topps and see what they say, probably nothing, as they didnt respond to my last question...

anyway, i tried to scan them outside of the toploaders and the pink doesnt show up, as it is light in color so it needs a bit of a gap to show up i guess, but lining the 3 cards up, it completes an image, so they came off the same sheet, and considering i have like 65 Jamie Anderson without the pink, 59 Julia Mancuso without the pink, and 53 Noelle Pikus Pace without the pink...

Ooooh interesting! I don't have faith that Topps will be helpful though

yeah they don't have a way to message through facebook and just give their customer service email...ive had no luck with that in the past...I have called before when I was shorted hits in blasters and they seemed receptive and within 2 weeks I got my hits TTM, but I have a feeling if I call they are going to be clueless

"Thank you for contacting The Topps Company. We have received your request, and will happily respond as soon as we possibly can. We look forward to speaking with you, and hope to resolve your issue to your utmost satisfaction. Sincerely, Customer Service Team
To update this question by email, please reply to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, you must enter your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded."

I detest formatted responses...seems as though everyone has them...well at least in terms of news, since ive gotten several of these from ABC and CNN when I contact them to tell them they are wrong...

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Topps Consumer Relations about your missing/damaged cards.

Please accept our apologies for the delayed reply, as we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails and are diligently working on replying back as soon as possible.

We are sorry to hear that your recent purchase of a Topps product contained damaged cards.

Attach you will find Topps policy form regarding the request for missing/damaged product items for all current year products.

Kindly, fill out and follow the instructions on the form and mail form and necessary documentation to the address on the form.

We will then review your issue and being taking the necessary steps towards rectifying it. Kindly, allow 2-4 weeks for this process.

Please do not hesitate to contact customer service by phone (toll free) at 1-800-489-9149. A consumer relations representative will be available to help between the hours of 9:00am-4:00pm (EST), Monday through Friday. You may also resubmit your question by email at any time by addressing it to [email protected].

Best regards,
Minerva
Customer Service Representative"

im not sure they even read my email, as the cards are not 'damaged' and I noted that several times in the initial email, as it appears to be an image that they didn't white out the bottom, or some general trickery was played, see the Brett Favre Topps with Lombardi image overlay...

haha, Classic Topps. Have you looked on some of the big forums to see if anyone else has noticed and maybe has info?

nope, only other forum im part of is blowout and I haven't been there in awhile, the Olympic area doesn't get much action...just the fact that the 3 cards lineup, they are the only ones I have, and they follow each other in packs, I think they are outliers, but who knows

Back