1995 Pro Line Printer's Proofs Autos - Always on the Lookout

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
One of my favorite types of football cards from my youth are the classic mid 1990s Pro Line autos. I just loved them as a kid and I still do. For the most part, they were produced in very large numbers by today's standards and just about all of them are easy to find. However, there is a very small subset that I am always on the lookout for. If you guys happen to see one for sale anywhere, please let me know.

Those are the 1995 Pro Line Printer's Proofs Autographs. In 1995, Pro Line had an unsigned parallel set called "Printer's Proofs" which were SPs of 400. For reasons I don't totally understand, they decided to make a really exclusive set of Printer's Proofs Autographs. They took 8 different players and had them sign 50 of their Printer's Proof cards. The cards are normal Printer's Proofs (they have normal backs) but they have an embossed stamp for authenticity.

The checklist of the set is:
#99 Steve McNair
#175 Drew Bledsoe
#197 Steve Young
#210 Kerry Collins
#230 Boomer Esiason
#254 Troy Aikman
#304 Emmitt Smith
#311 Trent Dilfer

One of my major collecting goals is to assemble a complete set of 8. I currently have two of them - Drew Bledsoe and Kerry Collins (pictured below).

If anybody happens to see any of the others for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

Good Luck finding them all... as you said... they do not pop up very often... and when they do, you might have to mortgage the house!

Big shout out to unkilldo for spotting one of my needs on eBay. I made what I considered to be a very high and aggressive bid for it...and I won, barely lol. It frequently suprises me how much these things sell for when they pop up. They just don't come up often. Thanks unkilldo!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-PRO-LINE-CLASSIC-STEVE-MCNAIR-PRINTERS-PROOF-GOLD-ROOKIE-AUTO-SIGNATURE-50-/142140992780?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=gTvYCiUIY%2FZTvxUr7OAx5qZJNoo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'll post a scan once it arrives.

Not a problem, glad I could help. Now if I could just find you a Boomer, to call your very own, maybe you will stop looking at mine. lol Good luck with this set. It'll be a tough one, but oh so rewarding once you finally finish it.

Well, it arrived a couple days ago.

Just need 5 more to complete the set:
#197 Steve Young
#230 Boomer Esiason
#254 Troy Aikman
#304 Emmitt Smith
#311 Trent Dilfer

One of my favorite types of football cards from my youth are the classic mid 1990s Pro Line autos. I just loved them as a kid and I still do. For the most part, they were produced in very large numbers by today's standards and just about all of them are easy to find. However, there is a very small subset that I am always on the lookout for. If you guys happen to see one for sale anywhere, please let me know.

Those are the 1995 Pro Line Printer's Proofs Autographs. In 1995, Pro Line had an unsigned parallel set called "Printer's Proofs" which were SPs of 400. For reasons I don't totally understand, they decided to make a really exclusive set of Printer's Proofs Autographs. They took 8 different players and had them sign 50 of their Printer's Proof cards. The cards are normal Printer's Proofs (they have normal backs) but they have an embossed stamp for authenticity.

The checklist of the set is:
#99 Steve McNair
#175 Drew Bledsoe
#197 Steve Young
#210 Kerry Collins
#230 Boomer Esiason
#254 Troy Aikman
#304 Emmitt Smith
#311 Trent Dilfer

One of my major collecting goals is to assemble a complete set of 8. I currently have two of them - Drew Bledsoe and Kerry Collins (pictured below).

If anybody happens to see any of the others for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

Are you still looking for this cards? i have 1.

Back