1933-34 National Chicle Sky Birds

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
Does anyone have any experience with the 1933-34 National Chicle Sky Birds series? It's from the same company that issued the famous 1933 football set that features Knute Rockne.

I really enjoy vintage cards and I would be interested in collecting a pre-war set at some point. Down the road, I intend on working on a 1933 DeLong baseball set (I just love the design)...but a classic non-sport set would be an interesting switch.

I love aviation, and these cards issued in the early days of aviation. They are almost a time capsule to that era that shows how aviation was viewed by the public. I think it would be really neat.

Information has been somewhat hard to come by with this set. Beckett lists nothing about it and google searching has provided limited results. This is by far the best site I have found:
http://www.skytamer.com/R136.html

I'd be curious to know if anyone here has any experience with this set and if so...any information you could provide would be really helpful.

I have done a fair amount of research on vintage non-sport sets while tracking down all my vintage wolf cards. My knowledge base is about cards where the subjects have four legs and are on the ground, not two wings and in the sky!

I have done a fair amount of research on vintage non-sport sets while tracking down all my vintage wolf cards. My knowledge base is about cards where the subjects have four legs and are on the ground, not two wings and in the sky!
I assume the collector base for non-sports issues is much smaller...is that fair to say? I know some of the cards can be quite rare...but with an assumed lower demand, does that mean prices are lower?

I assume the collector base for non-sports issues is much smaller...is that fair to say? I know some of the cards can be quite rare...but with an assumed lower demand, does that mean prices are lower?

Yes, much smaller collector base for non sport cards. You are correct in thinking that low supply + High demand = BIG $$$. The opposite is also true. Low (or even high) supply + low demand = small $. I have yet to find any evidence proving that my 1888 A&G wolf card IS NOT rarer than the T206 Honus Wagner. Yet as no one wants it, I picked mine up for less than $20.

Last edited:
Back