Football 10th pick in draft pays off for great team

ljmaya

Bench Warmer
I just finished a fantasy fb draft on yahoo and had the 10th pick among the 10 teams in the draft. So I am thinking great I will get a lousy team right.....wrong. For a 15 man roster check this out

Here is my depth chart:
QB: P. Manning, T. Romo
RB: A. Peterson, M. Jones-Drew, M. Barber III, Dea. Williams
WR: Fitzgerald, C. Johnson, Chambers, De. Hester
TE: Witten, Olsen
K: Gostkowski
D: San Diego, Jacksonville

3 rookies could be a risky move but you got to have some serious how shall I say this "Spauldings" to take risks to win leagues with the last pick.

LMK what you think.

Lon

DOES that meant that 9 other people DID NOT pick Calvin Johnson or Peyton Manning, M. Jones-Drew or Adrian Peterson ahead of you?

if so then WHO are they so I can find them and slap them LOL

hmmmm MJD a dissapointment I don't think so. Think about it both Drew gets points for Rushing yards and Rushing TDs. He and hester can get points for receiving yards and receiving TDs. And they both get points for return yards and return points. That is a triple threat for Drew. Besides would you take Taylor over Drew on the Jags? I wouldn't knowing how often Taylor gets injured.

Lon

you lack a major running back. You don't own a running back projected to be in the top 20.

Devin Hester just went down with a shoulder injury, and who the heck is your kicker?

Your team depth goes 3 deep.

Peyton Manning, Fitzgerald, and San Diego.

You have a decent at best team.

I just got 10th pick in a league with a bunch of marines. Check out who I got. It was auto pick too.

1. (10) Willie Parker RB
2. (11) Rudi Johnson RB
3. (30) Larry Fitzgerald WR
4. (31) Tom Brady QB
5. (50) Plaxico Burress WR
6. (51) Hines Ward WR
7. (70) Vernon Davis TE
8. (71) San Diego DEF
9. (90) Josh Brown K
10. (91) Cedric Benson RB
11. (110) Greg Jennings WR
12. (111) Donte' Stallworth WR
13. (130) Chad Pennington QB
14. (131) Randy McMichael TE
15. (150) Oakland DEF

Lmao I got a steal in the 10th round.

After I picked up 3-4 guys off waivers, I now have..

QB
Brady / Romo

WR
Burress / Ward / Fitzgerald / Jennings/ Stallworth

RB
Parker / Johnson / Norwood / Benson / Carnell Williams

TE
Vernon Davis

K
Josh Brown

D
San Deigo

sorry to say but your team is not so hot. You lack hugely at RB, all of them are splitting time and your top 2 running backs are in their first two years in the NFL. Sure you have manning, but its RBs that win in fantasy football, not QBs or WRs.

by the way the C. Johnson isn't Chad Johnson it is Calvin Johnson.

I see what you are saying about RB. I could use an improvement but QB are solid and Hester was my last pick. I will see what the injury report says about him. There is at least 1 more week in preseason so he may sit that game out depending on what is the status with Muhammad.

If Peterson stays healthy that is a steal for me. It looks like a good 1-2 punch with him and C. Taylor.

Not too many teams have a good tandem of RB's. Detroit, Atlanta, Washington, and Dallas come to mind.

Lon

Back