Football $10,000 question...

stevesokol21

Bench Warmer
here is what i am thinkin about doing. im gunna have a whole credit card available to me next august for football cards and such. i want to spend $10000-12000 on one product. like just buy cases just, of that one product.

here is the question.

which product would you spend the $10,000-12,000 on? (only one product)

here is a list of my favorites from this year.

topps chrome
topps finest
bowman chrome
sp rookie threads

i liked those b/c the amount of rookies you get is awesome and the value and demand for those products are pretty good once u get the key players.

also, how do you think next years draft is going to be towards this hobby market?

thanks for all that reply

Well I think I would go after bowman chrome. But with that money I would research everything alot before doing so.

Do you plan to turn the cards around and sell them? I tried opening up an online store and put about $13,000 into it, just in product, and it still wasn't enough to survive. I was able to sell most of the cards, but I was still left with about $4,000 of debt and nothing to show for it.

For $10,000, you will have a very impressive collection of one product that you like, but would it be worth the $500 a month payment for 20 years?

well everything that i ought this year i was able to turn around and profit from. but that isnt the main reason. i would just buy that one product for the whole year and not get anything else the rest of the year. i felt like i did better on my case breaks and such then going out every week and getting a couple boxes to bust.

and the credit card wont take 20years to pay off. prolly just till next august when i will repeat. i just like busting stuff and selling it off. i like to see what i pull more then anything. if i make back $8000 out of the $10000 i would be happy b/c all of that money i made back would just go to pay on the credit card. the only thiing i would be keeping is colt brenan stuff unless he caught fire then i would sell it.

anferneepenny said:
Hey I dont have a suggestion on what to buy, but I suggest you SHOW ALL THE BREAKS LIVE!!!!! Good Luck

haha it would be a 14 hour video since i seperate everything once its opened. it would be awesome tho. i will if everyone would like to see it.

haha

historically speaking bowman chrome would be the way to go with what you listed.... you'd be able to bust about 15 cases of it as well.... personally, if I was going to drop that much on a product, I would go with Leaf Certified or Gridiron Gear, maybe even Absolute.... more high dollar hits in those products historically... meaning better chances of hitting them with the large amount you'll be opening... probably 10 cases... plus you'll be able to get your fix before mid-December.

marinocollector said:
historically speaking bowman chrome would be the way to go with what you listed.... you'd be able to bust about 15 cases of it as well.... personally, if I was going to drop that much on a product, I would go with Leaf Certified or Gridiron Gear, maybe even Absolute.... more high dollar hits in those products historically... meaning better chances of hitting them with the large amount you'll be opening... probably 10 cases... plus you'll be able to get your fix before mid-December.

i dont like LCM and GG b/c of the lack of rc'su get and the gu'ed cards areee mostly of trash players.... who wants a marc bulger gu card or a ed reed gu'ed card??? not me. those arent worht anything to me and go in the common pile. i would rather get rookies.

but yes bowman chrome would be great b/c a case is only around $600 or so and i couble get 20 cases if i spent 12000.

thanks for responding

I would go with BC as well. I think next years draft will be great towards the hobby market...there will be a bunch of big names...Mcfadden, Brenan, Woodson, Slaton, Charles, etc.

i woulnd't go with bowman chrome, i think the autos are too hit or miss. Granted, you are gonna get like 15 cases, so your gonna get some nice cards, but i would go for like sp authentic or playoff contenders, that way you have a chance for a HUGE hit..like a championship ticket or a logo patch, which could bring you HUGE bucks..but thats just my .02

hornsfan92 said:
i woulnd't go with bowman chrome, i think the autos are too hit or miss. Granted, you are gonna get like 15 cases, so your gonna get some nice cards, but i would go for like sp authentic or playoff contenders, that way you have a chance for a HUGE hit..like a championship ticket or a logo patch, which could bring you HUGE bucks..but thats just my .02

good one. i always forget about contenders. i love that product. i just always forget about that stuff. spa is ok i just get unsure with the auto patch cards i guess. but that is always a high quality/demanded product so it would prolly be a good idea too. i jsut have to wait till the end of the year to get it.

thanks

devinharris34 said:
I would go with BC as well. I think next years draft will be great towards the hobby market...there will be a bunch of big names...Mcfadden, Brenan, Woodson, Slaton, Charles, etc.

i dont think slaton is going till the following year. he is only a junior and if he is smart he will stay. although devine might take his spot over and mess everything up for him. west va is my favorite NCAA football team so it doesnt matter to me now that devine has shown that he can carry the load.

i usd to watch that kid play in high school and when i heard he was going to west va i was pretty excited about it. he a bad@$$ for sure.

steve

Admin said:
Not sure if I would wait til next years crop. I mean this year is pretty good as well. Especially with AP in them.

i was thinkin about that a little bit and considering buying this years stuff next august if there is enough of it available at a good enough price.

steve

Back