1/19 Two-Round Mock

-Rob Gronkowski will be picked in the 2nd round. Rob sounded way too confident as his press conference to not know something was in the works, lol. I'm completely biased on this one. Probably by KC, Arizona or Baltimore. I'm replacing Todd Heap every year I can, if you haven't noticed by now.
It's possible. It seems every mock I do, I always have tight ends falling to the second round. I can never find a spot for them in the first, for some reason.

-Good picks for Buffalo, they need to make news somehow. Bradford will be on IR by week 8 with their o-line being unaddressed though. That line really needs some work on the edges.
Yeah it does. Ultimately, they could go OT in the first. But like you said, they need to make a splash for their fan base.

-Spikes will fit in great with those other hot-heads on the Cardinal D.
Sure would. ;)

-I'd rather have Bulaga at that 49ers pick. I'm confident he could play RT at a high level in the pro's. I assume the Haden pick allows the 49ers to either push Clements to Safety as he slows down with age. Another pass rusher is fine with me, make Haralson earn his check.
This surprises me. Bulaga reminds me a lot of Joe Staley, whom the Niners already have on the other side. If they're going for a RT specifically, then it seems Williams might be the better pick. Haden could easily be a top 10 pick, so this might be moot. I just don't know if the Niners could afford to pass on him, despite it not being their biggest need. Clements regressed a little bit at CB last season.

-San Diego probably needs a RB. But we both know that AJ Smith doesn't care about that, and loves to ruin logical mock drafts.
Definitely. They'll probably try to do something in free agency, though.

-Seattle is playing with fire with that strategy, as was indicated above. However, if you want new faces all around, that's the way to go (Head Coach, QB, RB, etc.). Wouldn't shock me to see Seattle hit FA for a RB to complement Forsett, and spend another pick on line-play (either side of the ball). I figure J. Jones is gone with the uncapped year, and they can pay a guy like Lendale White money that Tennessee won't want to match. Restricted free agents are tricky though.
See, they still grab an OT in the second, though, so it's really not all that bad. In reality, Brown will probably be a first-rounder, but in this scenario, he falls to the early second.

-Best to STL? BPA pick here instead of a guy like Tate in your scenario?
Not just BPA, but a position of need. The Rams have terrible backup RBs. Best is the type of explosive guy the Rams could use to complement Steven Jackson. Wide receiver isn't as big a need for the Rams as some may think.

-Biggest movers look to be Griffen, Price, Chad Jones, and Burnett. All need position picks, and for the most part, strong athletes that could rip up the combine. Good choices.
Yeah, this is all just pre-combine stuff. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jon's boy (Price) work his way into the top 10. I really like Burnett in the latter part of the first and Griffen could go anywhere from 10 to 45 (ish).

Im OK with the Clausen pick, he looks good but ive heard he is a poor leader which if true no way is he worth it.

I really like Spiller at #16, but the Hawks have to get a solid OL in one of the picks. I like Bulaga and Campbell so far.

Brown is lazy I hope they pass on him.

And three offensive players when the defens has no pass rush and no playmaker at safety is dangerous. The Hawks need to come out with a starter at safety from the draft.

Back