08 The Cup - news

Krusin

retired hippie
8/16 NEW NEWS - Final Checklist is up on UD's site -
http://sports.upperdeck.com/collectorszone/cardsethome.aspx?sid=48462

When the recent checklist was posted by UD a lot of people were upset that there would be no Rookies in the sub sets as in past years. These were collectors best shot at landing a Top Tier rookie in the High $ release.

Since that news the following info was posted on another Heavy Hockey site (HobbyInsider.net) by a member with inside info from UD. The member withheld posting the info until it was offical. Here's a cut & paste -

My Good news for The Cup....

It's been confirmed. UD has added redemption inserts for all the big name rookies. Price, Toews, Kane, Backstrom, Mueller, Gagner, Tlusty and Bernier will all have redemptions in sets like Limited Logos, Honorable Numbers, Signature Patches, Emblems of Endorsements and others. The good thing is it adds values to the breaks. The bad thing is since they were all added at the last minute, the cards are going to take a little longer to produce and get back after being redeemed. A lot longer than the 45 day goal due to the nature of these inserts.

The rookie auto patches are all live in the product. Only the inserts are redemptions.

I like the fact they added it. Instead of pulling a one color live Toews Limited Logo, people may speculate that they'll get a nice 6 color and pay more for a redemption. It should make the redemptions worth some decent coin.

Now the questions are,

did this dilute the product?
is it going to cause a delay?
usual UD bashing. The product should of been very close to being packed out when the news was released if not already done which would of meant a repack. UD's vendors still show a 7/23 release date & I know the vendors want it before the Nat's. I personally loved the news versus not having these cards & I'm hoping it means stuffed boxes :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to bust my 2 tins.....I'm hoping to come close to getting even, but most of all I just want to have some fun busting them. Wish me some auto/logo luck !!! Good Luck to the others busting these also. :salut: :salut:

Back